“greenwood furnace”

Greenwood Furnace State Park
Ranked #3 of 13 things to do in Huntingdon
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Greenwood furnace is a beautiful and historic state park. I have usually been a day use person, but there is camping. Greenwood was once the site of two charcoal irurces includeon furnaces circa 1900. There is a small visitor center which interprets the iron story. There is great fishing, hiking, and picnicing. Historic resources include an iron masters house and two stone furnace stacks. This gem is 20 miles from Huntingdon or state college, pa.

1  Thank singinrich

Reviewed 20 August 2013

My husband took our adult children and their spouses to Greenwood Furnace for part of the day. We enjoyed reading the plaques about the furnace and walking around and inside of it. Then enjoyed walking around the lake and had a picnic near the sandy shore. The beach is small, but it wasn't crowded. There were a few hiking trails that were not difficult. If you're looking for great entertainment, this isn't the place to go. But if you're looking for an easy place to enjoy nature and the quiet, this is a great choice.

1  Thank Mommie1212
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I have been going here since I was a child. The history is so interesting, plus there is great scenery, hiking, lake, camping, bird watching. I visit often in summer and fall.

1  Thank Julianne H
Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed in our camper twice, most recently in 2012. We found it friendly, clean, and beautiful with the mountains and trees. We have dogs and there are spaces just for campers with animals, which is perfect. There is a small beach and lake to swim.

1  Thank Valheart
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I love it. I loved the scenery and the picturesque view and the beautiful stream beside it. Really great family park