“SOOO much more than I expected'”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Miller's Diner - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Seating, Takeout
Description: located 3 miles east of Huntingdon PA on Rt 22 814-643-3418
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“SOOO much more than I expected'”
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

First we just moved here from TN and limited on money and this diner is right down the road from our hotel (mill stone manor motel) - great place to stay- there were three other people in there when we pulled in for a late night dinner. The waitress was extremely nice. The menu has a lot to choose from. The place was previously closed for three months due to renovations and they changed things a little is my understanding.. No longer offering a breakfast buffet. At lunch time the place looks busy, I hope it gets busier because this place was honestly refreshing. Most things are homemade here and the owner is Greek, actually from Greece.. (This made me very happy because I am a fan of authentic Greek food). Gryos are on the menu but so are your normal diner fare. One daughter got the spaghetti and meatball. I assumed it would be this nasty delgrosso sauce I've been experiencing.. Oh my gosh no, it's a homemade sauce and the meatball is amazing!! My 6 year old said so her self " mmmmm that's amazing". Honestly I'm going to eat her left overs when she goes to sleep. My 3 year old had her grilled cheese... Can't really mess up a grilled cheese and she was happy as a clam when she ate it. My husband got the big boy, he said it was ok and it looked good. He always regrets getting just a burger when he sees me order my food. I had to verify that they were actually Greek before I felt I could safely order the Greek lasagna without being disappointed. I was NOT disappointed. I thought I heard angels sing and my husband could tell because he said "are you hearing the angels sing".. I'm assuming he could hear them too. The portion was HUGE and I was full before I was half way through but there was no way I was leaving without eating it all because I wanted to show the cook I enjoyed it immensely. Stop here and yet something other than a burger, or if you want a burger get one. But I will be back and I hope more people start coming in here.

• Visited January 2014

Spruce Creek, Pennsylvania
“Great Diner”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Very good food at reasonable prices. They have a buffet on Sunday which is very good. One of the best values in Huntingdon County. Get the turkey dinner...it's great!

Visited September 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice Breakfast”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We really enjoyed our Sunday breakfast at Miller's diner, named after the Amish woman who started the diner many years ago. It is right along the railway tracks and has the feel of a traditional country diner. I had the chipped beef on a biscuit and it was excellent. It was packed for a Sunday morning, with friendly efficient wait staff.

• Visited July 2013
Rochester, NY
“Choo-choo”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

My granddaughter loves to come here because of all the train décor -- she calls it the "choo-choo restaurant." Going there is fun for the whole family.

The food is excellent and very reasonably priced, and the service is friendly and quick. I wish they had a vegan option for lunch; we only go for breakfast because there is nothing there at lunch our vegan family member can eat.

• Visited June 2013
Petersburg PA
“Our hometown favorite”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

This is my first choice when I am going to Huntingdon. The staff is wonderful, quick and efficient. The food is freshly prepared and good portions. I always get the scrapple when I go and it is some of the best. Their homemade bread and biscuits are exceptional and they do not burn the toast!!!
Two can eat a lot for under $10. There is always a special. Nice train decor and the trains go right by the windows!

• Visited July 2013