Comfort Inn Huntingdon
US$144
US$122
Fairfield Inn
The Mill Stone Manor Motel(Huntingdon)(Great Value!)
US$89
Huntingdon Motor Inn(Huntingdon)(Great Value!)
US$83
Hotels.com
Comfort Suites Altoona(Altoona)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$57
  • Free Internet
US$79
TripAdvisor
All reviewsjuniata collegelight sleeperroom was cleanjuniata riverwafflesnice placewould stay here againkids loved the poolfresh fruitfree hot breakfastchannel guidegraduation weekendspent one nightrooms are niceroom facingfast foodkuerig coffee maker
Reviewed 27 February 2013

As far as I'm concerned this is the ONLY hotel in Huntingdon. I've been staying here for over 4 years since my kids are at the local college. Clean rooms, reasonable prices. The free breakfast makes it convenient and has a lot of options. The staff is the hotel's strong suit--very friendly and accommodating. They really go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. Yes, the train does pass the hotel, but there's really not much we can do about that!

Room Tip: If the sound of the train bothers you, ask for a room on the opposite side!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MackLack7
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

Thank you for your kind comments. We value the relationships that we have developed with our Juniata College parents. I agree with you about our staff. We constantly hear from our guests that we have a warm, friendly, helpful staff. We understand that the people that work in our hotel are as important as the way we clean and maintain our hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 1 January 2013

This is a nice clean hotel near shopping and restaurants. The rooms have mini-refrigerators and microwaves. The continental breakfast is also very nice with many options. The staff is very accommodating and friendly.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
KurtStull, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am so happy that you enjoyed your accommodations. I am glad that you enjoyed our location in the heart of Huntingdon. I am also pleased that you appreciated the many options that we provide on our full hot breakfast as part of your stay. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

The only issue with this hotel is that rooms to the back of the building can hear the train whistle all night BUT if you are in a room in the front of the building, you should not be bothered.
I have staying in this hotel on 3 separate occasions. I have also stayed at the "other" three star hotel in town on 2 separate occasions. I prefer this Comfort Inn. All of the staff that I have encountered are very friendly and accommodating. The free breakfast is great and is open until 10am (at the "other" hotel breakfast is available until 9 or 9:30am depending on weekday or weekend) and if you arrive at breakfast just a little late it's not a problem. This past weekend, they were still serving breakfast at 10:30am to accommodate the hotel guests. At the "other" hotel, the breakfast buffet was cleaned and locked up promptly at 9:30 on a weekend. The rooms at this Comfort Inn are clean, large, comfortable and the rates are great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front of the hotel to avoid noise from the train.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
KurtStull, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you found are staff to be friendly and accommodating. We try to be both intuitive and flexible to all of our guests needs. Thank you for being a return guest and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2012

The location of this hotel is not bad, it is just off Rt 522 on the way into Huntingdon. The trains mentioned in some of the reviews didn't bother me, but the condition of the hotel did. I reserved a non-smoking room, and they gave me a room on the third floor, which is a smoking floor. The hallway had cigarette ashes in the carpet and smelled like an old ashtray. It was strong enough that even inside my room it was almost overbearing. My room was marked as a non-smoking room, but I don't understand why they would put a non-smoking room on a smoking floor. The hotel itself was run-down...the carpet was worn, the elevator made strange noises, etc. This was the worst Comfort Inn I have ever stayed in, both in the condition of the hotel and the cleanliness of it. I would definitely recommend staying away from this one, especially since it is more expensive than some of the other choices in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. Unfortunately it sounds like we did not live up to your expectations. We try to balance the needs of both our smoking and non-smoking guests. We limit our smoking guests to a few rooms located in one specific place in the hotel. I suspect that you were in a room that was located near this part of the hotel. I am sorry that you were able to smell the smoke. Please call me so that I can discuss your stay with you in greater detail.

Kurt Stull

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Overall, the hotel was clean and what you get for the money. The breakfast was great, and the pool as clean. However, the trains going back and forth were horrible. We had a room in the back and counted 19 times throughout the night the train went back and forth. If you are a light sleeper, this hotel is not for you. I called and requested the room to be moved to front, but they were completely full. If you can sleep through this, it's a good place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel.

I am glad that other than the trains you enjoyed your stay with us. For guests that are light sleepers we do suggest rooms on the front of the hotel. We do have many guests that do request rooms on the back so that they can see the trains as they pass. Please visit us again and request a room on the front of the hotel.