“Amazing Customer Service!”

Comfort Inn Huntingdon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Huntingdon
Reviewed 11 April 2013

What a treat! This is a newer hotel, with large, spacious rooms, equipped with a flat screen TV, Kuerig coffee maker, fridge and microwave. I traveled to Huntingdon for the birth of my first grand child, and was lucky to have chosen this hotel, just a mile from the hospital. I had inadvertently left a travel bag behind upon departure, not to have discovered that fact until I arrived back home 3 1/2 hours later. I called them, they found the bag, and the women behind the desk(Marie, I think her name was?) personally took the bag to the UPS and had it shipped to me. I got it 2 days later. Thank you!
If I ever travel this way again I would definitely use this hotel. Extremely reasonable, and the breakfast was good too! They actually had 2 waffle makers that worked really well! Good job, Comfort Inn!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay at our hotel and congratulations on your grandchild! I am so happy to hear that Maria responded to your request with above and beyond service. We are glad to have her as a member of our team. We look forward to seeing you more as the baby continues to grow.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I stayed here for one night. My room was clean and comfortable, the staff was helpful and very friendly. The pool and pool area looked nice, although I didn't use it. The breakfast was very nice. I did like the location. Lots of things nearby, easy to find. I would stay there again if I was in the area. I did have a nice view of the river, but it came with a price: train ran nearby all day and night. If I were to stay again, I would need a room away from the tracks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our property. I am glad that you noticed how clean are hotel was. Our housekeeping staff constantly strive to provide the cleanest experience for all of our guests. I am also pleased that you mentioned are location being nearby to lots of things. Being close to the heart of Huntingdon is one of the many reasons that so many of our guests choose to stay with us while visiting the area.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

I wanted to stay at the Fairfield Inn, but it was booked. This was our second choice. The rooms were decent, the kids found a dirty sock next to the bed. We requested a room on the front side of the hotel and didn't have any issues with train noise. We stayed here while visiting family in Mt. Union, it's probably the closest hotel. I would prefer to stay in an all smoke free hotel. Although the hotel didn't smell like smoke, it smelled like some chemical they used to cover up the smell of smoke. Mostly in the lobby and common area, our room was fine. The pool was small but worked for us for only a quick winter weekend getaway. The breakfast was good but seating was difficult because of the small area. The breakfast attendant was nice and opened up a second, larger room for breakfast but it was freezing in that room. Needless to say, we ate quickly and moved along. Overall, it wasn't bad but I would definitely prefer to stay at the Fairfield Inn next time.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. I have discussed the concerns that you mentioned with housekeeping. Also I wanted to let you know that we recently reduced the amount of smoking rooms that we offer to our guests. I hope that you give us another try. Please call me so that I can personally ensure that your next stay is excellent.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

As far as I'm concerned this is the ONLY hotel in Huntingdon. I've been staying here for over 4 years since my kids are at the local college. Clean rooms, reasonable prices. The free breakfast makes it convenient and has a lot of options. The staff is the hotel's strong suit--very friendly and accommodating. They really go out of their way to make your stay pleasant. Yes, the train does pass the hotel, but there's really not much we can do about that!

Room Tip: If the sound of the train bothers you, ask for a room on the opposite side!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MackLack7

Thank you for your kind comments. We value the relationships that we have developed with our Juniata College parents. I agree with you about our staff. We constantly hear from our guests that we have a warm, friendly, helpful staff. We understand that the people that work in our hotel are as important as the way we clean and maintain our hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 1 January 2013

This is a nice clean hotel near shopping and restaurants. The rooms have mini-refrigerators and microwaves. The continental breakfast is also very nice with many options. The staff is very accommodating and friendly.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
KurtStull, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay. I am so happy that you enjoyed your accommodations. I am glad that you enjoyed our location in the heart of Huntingdon. I am also pleased that you appreciated the many options that we provide on our full hot breakfast as part of your stay. Please come see us again soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

The only issue with this hotel is that rooms to the back of the building can hear the train whistle all night BUT if you are in a room in the front of the building, you should not be bothered.
I have staying in this hotel on 3 separate occasions. I have also stayed at the "other" three star hotel in town on 2 separate occasions. I prefer this Comfort Inn. All of the staff that I have encountered are very friendly and accommodating. The free breakfast is great and is open until 10am (at the "other" hotel breakfast is available until 9 or 9:30am depending on weekday or weekend) and if you arrive at breakfast just a little late it's not a problem. This past weekend, they were still serving breakfast at 10:30am to accommodate the hotel guests. At the "other" hotel, the breakfast buffet was cleaned and locked up promptly at 9:30 on a weekend. The rooms at this Comfort Inn are clean, large, comfortable and the rates are great.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front of the hotel to avoid noise from the train.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
KurtStull, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2012

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you found are staff to be friendly and accommodating. We try to be both intuitive and flexible to all of our guests needs. Thank you for being a return guest and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 16 October 2012

The location of this hotel is not bad, it is just off Rt 522 on the way into Huntingdon. The trains mentioned in some of the reviews didn't bother me, but the condition of the hotel did. I reserved a non-smoking room, and they gave me a room on the third floor, which is a smoking floor. The hallway had cigarette ashes in the carpet and smelled like an old ashtray. It was strong enough that even inside my room it was almost overbearing. My room was marked as a non-smoking room, but I don't understand why they would put a non-smoking room on a smoking floor. The hotel itself was run-down...the carpet was worn, the elevator made strange noises, etc. This was the worst Comfort Inn I have ever stayed in, both in the condition of the hotel and the cleanliness of it. I would definitely recommend staying away from this one, especially since it is more expensive than some of the other choices in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. Unfortunately it sounds like we did not live up to your expectations. We try to balance the needs of both our smoking and non-smoking guests. We limit our smoking guests to a few rooms located in one specific place in the hotel. I suspect that you were in a room that was located near this part of the hotel. I am sorry that you were able to smell the smoke. Please call me so that I can discuss your stay with you in greater detail.

Kurt Stull

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Route 22/Raystown Lake
#6 of 15 in Altoona
The Mill Stone Manor Motel
The Mill Stone Manor Motel
#3 of 4 in Huntingdon

Been to Comfort Inn Huntingdon? Share your experiences!