“Last minute choice to stay here was great idea!”

Comfort Inn Huntingdon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Huntingdon
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We own a cabin in nearby Hesston but Memorial Day it’s too crowded with family members to stay there. In the past we’ve always stayed at a hotel in town. It was nice but this time we chose to stay at the Comfort Inn and from now on we plan to use this hotel! Being we decided last minute to go just a week before the holiday we were surprised they were able to accommodate us. Then a few days later when we requested an additional room to be adjoining ours the staff was extremely helpful! Our check in went smoothly. The rooms were clean, spacious, and up to date. The amount of space was more than I expected. We’ve stayed at many other choice hotels and the rooms were never this large. Each room had a Keurig which my husband loved, as well as a microwave and refrigerator. Previous to our stay I researched on trip advisor and read complaints about the trains. We were on the side facing the parking lot with a view of the mountains. It was scenic and the only time we heard trains is if we were awake and the TV and ac were turned off. Even then it wasn’t that noticeable. Each morning the breakfast was great. There was a large selection of hot or cold items. Eggs, sausage, muffins, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, cereal, freshly made waffles, and so on. It was the best hotel breakfast we’ve seen yet. The indoor pool was clean and warm; we were able to spend an afternoon there. Over all our stay was fantastic and we plan to stay again in the future.

Room Tip: If noise or every little sound bothers you as a sleeper then request a room that is on the parking a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank deebug2470
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! I am so happy that you mentioned how clean our hotel was when you visited. Our Executive Housekeeper Amy and her staff take a great amount of pride in providing the cleanest experience for all of our guests all of the time, We also hear from our guests often about how they like the scenic view from our hotel while also being within walking distance of most places in Huntingdon. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Looking online the pictures of the hotel don't do it justice, they need to upgrade the room pics, it showed an older style TV when we really had a flat screen, there was also a chair and ottoman in the room that didn't show in the pic or description. The coffee maker was one of those with individual 'cups' with a selection of regular, decaf and tea. A free hot breakfast was served and a limited selection of items but good enough. There is a small indoor pool and 2 machine workout room, which I didn't use. I actually had enough points that the room was free for the night. It was a perfect location for out trip to Raystown Lake, the hotel sits at the North end of the lake and was easy to access. There is a nice park across the street with a walking trail along the river.

Room Tip: Back of the hotel faces a field with the river blocked by trees, we stayed on the 2nd floor facing t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vettewomanpa

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We have done many upgrades to our hotel since those pictures were taken. I am also proud to say that we will be doing extensive upgrades to the whole hotel within the next 14 months. Your words were kind and I am very happy that you had a great stay with us.

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Four years ago, visiting a grandson who was a freshman at nearby Juniata College, we stayed for the first time at the Comfort Inn in Huntingdon. We thought it a fine place to spend several days and now, arriving once again for graduation, we had the opportunity to revisit the Inn and our evaluation of it so long ago. Back then, we gave the hotel/motel a 4 star-plus rating and, though several of our quibbles then -- excessive smoke-filled hallways, for example -- have been eliminated, it still earns that today.

When we first rated the Comfort Inn, we praised the “extremely friendly front-desk personnel, pleasant food servers each morning, and even courteous room attendants.” All those attributes remain. The same thing was true of our room. Then we wrote: “Our king-bedded room if not huge, was comfortable, immaculately clean, and well-laid out. There were many pillows on the bed , something we always hope to find but usually do not. The bathroom, often poorly thought out and tiny in so many hotels, was just the opposite in the Comfort Inn. Very welcome there was an excellently large counter and oversized mirror. Each room had very quick and seamless wireless connectivity and the television is hooked up to a wide-ranging cable system that offers any number of choices.” That, too, is so today. Unfortunately the breakfast room of the motel which was quite small then, offering very limited choices of breakfast foods, especially for a hot meal , has also not changed and that is undeniably a major “negative.” When the inn is filled, as it was for graduation weekend at Juniata, it is impossible at times to even find a seat at breakfast. Management might have alieviated this crowding had it used common sense and opened a large adjoining room; instead it rented it to another group for a presentation later in the day. Strange. Hopefully that is something that will never be repeated in future years.
Without a doubt, the most frustrating fact about the Comfort Inn--and many others have stressed this again and again as we did four years ago--is the fact that the motel backs up, figuratively, to the railroad tracks which pass through Huntingdon. We knew this was so before we booked our room but we had no idea how many, many trains pass through the town every day. Then we wrote: “Freight trains, often traveling at 50 miles an hour, if not more, roar through, honking their horns endlessly, four, five or more times an hour all day and night long. We had no idea that there were that many trains in the US any more! As it happened, we were so tired each evening that by the time we returned to our room, we were able to sleep undisturbed but we have no doubt that even though the Inn sits a good city block away from the tracks on the far side of the Juniata River, there will inevitably be many who find the noise unbelievably irritating.” That has not changed and may, indeed, have gotten worse.

The Comfort Inn’s rates are reasonable and its physical location is central to everything of importance in the community. No-one will be disappointed if they decide to stay there. It is a quality establishment and, indeed, it has repeatedly won that chain’s Gold Award for many years as a symbol of its quality. Even with a mediocre and crowded breakfast, we’re glad we returned and though it is hard to know how many times in the future we might return, we would never hesitate to stay there again and again (though we might bring along ear plugs if we do come).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank BigP

Thank you for your very thorough review of our property. First and most importantly, thank you for being a return guest. We are very proud of our staff, and feel that they are some of the friendliest people that you will find in any hotel. The trains are a conversation starter at our hotel for sure if you are staying on the backside of the hotel. We get people that will only stay in the back where they can see the trains. We also have people that are very lite sleepers that prefer the quieter frontside of the building. Fortunately we are usually able to provide the room type that best satisfies most of our guests. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

I visit the area approximately 3 times a year and always try to stay at the Comfort Inn in Huntingdon. The rooms are clean, and the staff is always kind and helpful. I especially like Steve. He has been there for years, and is always so helpful. The continental breakfast is very good and they are very conscientious about refilling all food items once they get low. I cant say enough about all the pleasant stays I have had here. The only con I have is that I wish they had more rooms, as they are sold out many times. This is telling you that there is quality service to be had here. (Build on additional rooms again perhaps?) Thanks for making us comfortable Comfort Inn!

Room Tip: We love the jacuzzi suites!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. I agree that Steve is special and so do many of our guests. We really are proud of the staff and feel that they are second to no other. I am also glad that you enjoyed are breakfast. I am also pleased to tell you that we have many new and exciting things in store over the next 14 months!

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Stayed here a few nights in Spring '13. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the staff easygoing and competent. Maria, always affable and efficient, got us checked in quickly, and provided lots of help when we had trouble getting work prints from our home office. Next time I'm in the area, I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about your stay with our hotel. We are proud of the way all of our employees know how to provide great guest service. Maria strives to always create quality guest experiences every time. We look forward to seeing you the next time when you are the area.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

What a treat! This is a newer hotel, with large, spacious rooms, equipped with a flat screen TV, Kuerig coffee maker, fridge and microwave. I traveled to Huntingdon for the birth of my first grand child, and was lucky to have chosen this hotel, just a mile from the hospital. I had inadvertently left a travel bag behind upon departure, not to have discovered that fact until I arrived back home 3 1/2 hours later. I called them, they found the bag, and the women behind the desk(Marie, I think her name was?) personally took the bag to the UPS and had it shipped to me. I got it 2 days later. Thank you!
If I ever travel this way again I would definitely use this hotel. Extremely reasonable, and the breakfast was good too! They actually had 2 waffle makers that worked really well! Good job, Comfort Inn!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words about your recent stay at our hotel and congratulations on your grandchild! I am so happy to hear that Maria responded to your request with above and beyond service. We are glad to have her as a member of our team. We look forward to seeing you more as the baby continues to grow.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I stayed here for one night. My room was clean and comfortable, the staff was helpful and very friendly. The pool and pool area looked nice, although I didn't use it. The breakfast was very nice. I did like the location. Lots of things nearby, easy to find. I would stay there again if I was in the area. I did have a nice view of the river, but it came with a price: train ran nearby all day and night. If I were to stay again, I would need a room away from the tracks.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our property. I am glad that you noticed how clean are hotel was. Our housekeeping staff constantly strive to provide the cleanest experience for all of our guests. I am also pleased that you mentioned are location being nearby to lots of things. Being close to the heart of Huntingdon is one of the many reasons that so many of our guests choose to stay with us while visiting the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Route 22/Raystown Lake
Nittany Lion Inn
Nittany Lion Inn
#5 of 26 in State College
Quality Inn & Suites Burnham
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area)

Been to Comfort Inn Huntingdon? Share your experiences!