“business travel / Jet skiing @ Lake Raystown !”

Comfort Inn Huntingdon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Huntingdon
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Want to say thank you to Ashley @ the desk for helping me out with a situation . I slept like log & like the others say the rooms were very clean ! I will come back again ,but for pleasure for the whole weekend & go to the lake ! I really enjoyed Memories on 13th St . It was a dance club that I checked out !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you felt that our hotel was very clean. We believe that providing our guests with a clean friendly hotel is our most important responsibility and we strive to accomplish this with all of our guests.

Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel is clean and close to shopping and lot of eating options about 30 mins or so from the lake would stay again and they have an ok breakfast
We ate at the oip and love it the have a woodys 2 with a bar and memories is a great place to eat and have and adult beverage

• Stayed: April 2013
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am proud that you mentioned that the hotel was clean. Our housekeeping staff considers that to be their highest priority and I believe that it shows. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel while visiting Juniata the end of July for our northeast college tour vacation. The initial big draw was the queen size beds due to my husband and son's height. Then it was the price. Finally it was a friendly staff person, Ashley, who made my reservation and answered all my questions about the train issue and the surrounding area. When we checked in, Maria was superb in helping us with all the information we needed as well as being efficient and so friendly with our check in and throughout our stay. The room was spacious and the beds very comfortable. The washer and dryer were greatly appreciated. My son loved the pool. The people of Huntingdon were so friendly everywhere. We had a great time both with food and service at Woody's Barbecue near the hotel. The breakfast was fresh and tasty. Great Experience!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 119 on the front near the front desk. We slept soundly and had no issues with any...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy that you mentioned several of our staff members because we feel that our staff are great ambassadors for both our hotel and also for the Huntingdon area. I am glad that you enjoyed several of the great dinning options that are within walking distance. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for two nights helping our daughter go back to Juniata College. This time we brought Daisy our golden retriever. (They allow pets for an extra $15.00 a day)
The room was great, clean, comfortable, and enough room for us and our dog. They have breakfast every morning form 6:30 am till 10 am. Always have coffee and fresh water in the lobby and the rooms have Kuerig coffee makers.

Room Tip: If you are bringing your pet call in advance. They only have a few rooms for pets
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad that you, your daughter, and Daisy enjoyed our hotel. I hope we see you often while your daughter attends Juniata College. We have so many families that we have become very friendly with while they have stayed with us for the years that their child attended Juniata College. I am also glad that you mentioned that we do have a limited number of rooms available for guests traveling with pets. We are very careful to limit our pet friends to certain rooms so that other guests with allergy problems will not be affected.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

This is the best Comfort Inn that we have ever stayed because it is very clean, extremely friendly and accomodating, updated, and convenient to shopping and restaurants. Maria, at the front desk, was very welcoming and accomodated our preference for a specific room type. I called in advance and she told me she would do her best to give me the type of room that I wanted. She certainly came through. We were more than happy with the room's layout, cleanliness of the furniture, beds and bathroom, the amenities of refrigerator & microwave, large screen TV, ironing board and iron, hairdryer and wooden hangers with hooks that can be moved around the rod!
The included hot breakfast was a real treat with waffles, eggs, sausage, yogurt, cheese, breads, muffins, hot and cold cereals, juices, fruits, milk, coffee and tea. It is very hard to find a nice hot breakfast at hotels of this price range. It was so great to not have to find a breakfast place to start the day.
It is conveniently located next to a gas station, restaurant and shopping center. Rite-Aid Drugstore and fast food restaurants are conveniently within walking distance too.
They have a nice looking swimming pool, but we did not use it. Also, a fitness center(located in a Physical Therapy center nearby) is included in the room rate. We also did not use the fitness center. If we had stayed longer, we definitely would have used both the swimming pool and fitness center.
Highly recommend this hotel for its excellent value, cleanliness, service and convenience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lois L
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you for your excellent review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate that you mentioned our location being so close to most of life's necessities and conveniences. I am also glad that you found our breakfast to have everything that you wanted. Please come visit us again soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed here during Creationfest 2013. Originally planned for 3 nights but liked the hotel so much we asked for 2 more nights. Maria was so awesome and worked feverishly to keep up in our same room! I can't say enough about how great she was. The rooms were clean and roomy. The breakfast was awesome with eggs and sausage along with waffles and sweet pastries. We will definitely stay here next year for the whole event!! Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Diva-Driver

Thank you for your kind comments. I would have to agree with you about Maria. Maria is a true professional in customer service. I hope that you are able to come to Creationfest next year and are able to stay with us again.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

This Comfort Inn was very clean. Room size is great and staff at front desk, cleaning and breakfast and all fantastic. Very friendly and welcoming. Relatively small hotel when you think of Comfort Inn but then besides the Marriott Fairfield that recently opened there are no other hotels. We got a great rate. Beds slept great! There are train tracks that are heavily used by trains throughout the entire day and night. I requested a room on the front and NEVER heard the train. We were in the area for a camp for one of my children all the way from NC and I must say there is little to nothing to do here. Obviously, that has nothing to do with the hotel. If I needed to be in that area I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the front of the hotel to avoid hearing the train that frequents the tracks behind...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Melanie V

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel. I appreciate you mentioning our friendly staff because I feel that they are second to none in great guest service. I do feel a little disappointed that we did not provide you with more information about things to do in Huntingdon County. I feel that there is a wealth of exciting things to do here that you would not be able to complete in several days. If you are in this area again please ask for suggestions for things to do and we will gladly assist you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Route 22/Raystown Lake
#6 of 15 in Altoona
Nittany Lion Inn
Nittany Lion Inn
#5 of 26 in State College

Been to Comfort Inn Huntingdon? Share your experiences!