“Nice hotel”

Comfort Inn Huntingdon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Huntingdon
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my husky so first thing in the morning climb the 1000 steps rails n trails off rt22. The hotel is nice, the location is good to rt22 n sheetz. One bad thing the train runs a lot over night so that causes some noise. Other than that its was good.

• Stayed: November 2013
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad that our hotel was a convenient location for your stay. I am sorry that the trains disturbed you. Please request a room on the front side of the building for your next visit and we will do our very best to try to accommodate your request.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

I chose this hotel on our first trip to Juniata College because it was closest to the school, with really simple directions, and had good rates. I continue to choose it because the staff are friendly and the rooms are clean and comfortable. I've always been able to get a room (though getting one for Parents'/Homecoming Weekend does require planning ahead). I got recommendations for and directions to restaurants with good food. It's close to a number of stores and restaurants, the important ones for me being the supermarket and the KFC. For moving-in day, there's a little Sears store where one might buy a mini-fridge. It's generally quiet; I've spent whole days working in my room and gotten more done than anywhere else.

This brings me to the one downside I've seen. The hotel is about a quarter of a mile (if that) away from the train station. Both passenger and freight trains run through there, so there's frequent train traffic. It doesn't bother me anymore and I wear ear plugs to bed anyway, but it is something to be aware of.

This is not a hotel for travelers looking for luxury. I give it five stars because I find it to be right for my purposes: picking up, dropping off, or just visiting my daughter.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are quieter, with respect to foot traffic overhead.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for writing a review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that we are your first choice for hotels when you visit Juniata College. I am pleased that you mentioned that our hotel is close to all of the food and retail outlets in Huntingdon. Many of our guests choose to walk to shopping and restaurant locations. I am pleased that the trains did not bother you during your visit. We find that some of our guests request to be closest to the trains so that they can see and hear the passing trains while other guests request to be on the opposite side of the building where they will not hear the trains.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

As parents of a Juniata student, this has become our 1st choice in the area. We have stayed at other places when they were booked up, but have found the Comfort Inn the best value for our money. The staff has always been helpful and friendly, the breakfast standard CI fare, but fine. On a few occasions, our student has wanted to stay with us, and we can use the fold out sofa. The Fairfield rooms are smaller and do not have a sofa. Restaurants and grocery stores are nearby.

The trains do not bother me, but you can always ask for a room in the front. It is noticeably quieter.

Room Tip: Book well in advance for college arrival times and parents weekend.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for writing a kind review of our hotel. I am glad that we are your home while visiting your student at Juniata. Our entire staff looks forward to visits from our Juniata families because so many of them have become great friends over the years. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Want to say thank you to Ashley @ the desk for helping me out with a situation . I slept like log & like the others say the rooms were very clean ! I will come back again ,but for pleasure for the whole weekend & go to the lake ! I really enjoyed Memories on 13th St . It was a dance club that I checked out !

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with our hotel. I am very happy to hear that you felt that our hotel was very clean. We believe that providing our guests with a clean friendly hotel is our most important responsibility and we strive to accomplish this with all of our guests.

Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel is clean and close to shopping and lot of eating options about 30 mins or so from the lake would stay again and they have an ok breakfast
We ate at the oip and love it the have a woodys 2 with a bar and memories is a great place to eat and have and adult beverage

• Stayed: April 2013
Kurt_Stull_GM, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2013

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am proud that you mentioned that the hotel was clean. Our housekeeping staff considers that to be their highest priority and I believe that it shows. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel while visiting Juniata the end of July for our northeast college tour vacation. The initial big draw was the queen size beds due to my husband and son's height. Then it was the price. Finally it was a friendly staff person, Ashley, who made my reservation and answered all my questions about the train issue and the surrounding area. When we checked in, Maria was superb in helping us with all the information we needed as well as being efficient and so friendly with our check in and throughout our stay. The room was spacious and the beds very comfortable. The washer and dryer were greatly appreciated. My son loved the pool. The people of Huntingdon were so friendly everywhere. We had a great time both with food and service at Woody's Barbecue near the hotel. The breakfast was fresh and tasty. Great Experience!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 119 on the front near the front desk. We slept soundly and had no issues with any...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review. I am so happy that you mentioned several of our staff members because we feel that our staff are great ambassadors for both our hotel and also for the Huntingdon area. I am glad that you enjoyed several of the great dinning options that are within walking distance. We hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for two nights helping our daughter go back to Juniata College. This time we brought Daisy our golden retriever. (They allow pets for an extra $15.00 a day)
The room was great, clean, comfortable, and enough room for us and our dog. They have breakfast every morning form 6:30 am till 10 am. Always have coffee and fresh water in the lobby and the rooms have Kuerig coffee makers.

Room Tip: If you are bringing your pet call in advance. They only have a few rooms for pets
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your kind review. I am glad that you, your daughter, and Daisy enjoyed our hotel. I hope we see you often while your daughter attends Juniata College. We have so many families that we have become very friendly with while they have stayed with us for the years that their child attended Juniata College. I am also glad that you mentioned that we do have a limited number of rooms available for guests traveling with pets. We are very careful to limit our pet friends to certain rooms so that other guests with allergy problems will not be affected.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Route 22/Raystown Lake
#6 of 15 in Altoona
The Mill Stone Manor Motel
The Mill Stone Manor Motel
#3 of 4 in Huntingdon

Been to Comfort Inn Huntingdon? Share your experiences!