“Comfort at the Comfort...”

Comfort Inn Huntingdon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Huntingdon
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We have stayed at the Comfort Inn since it was built, built onto, and renovated. The location is excellent, only 15 minutes from Raystown Lake. Next door to Giant, gas, many restaurants, and a WalMart a few miles away.
This is a very clean facility, with microwave, refrigerator, and Kuerig in the rooms. The continental breakfast is loaded with goodies, from dry beef gravy & biscuits to eggs and sausage. You can't go away hungry.
The staff is friendly and helpful.
We recommend requesting a room on the parking lot side due to the trains that pass on the other side of the motel and blow their horns on approaching the intersection.

Room Tip: Parking lot side to avoid some train noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kellie G
Katie M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear from repeat guests! We thank you for your loyalty. We're glad that you enjoyed our renovations and upgraded amenities, especially our hot breakfast buffet. We continue to strive to exceed all of our guests' expectations. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you on your next vacation to Raystown Lake and Huntingdon!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The first time we ever stayed at this hotel and it was awesome!!!! They exceeded our expectations on every level and would definitely recommend it..whenever we needed anything, they were Johnny on the spot. Great job to all the staff :)!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Katie M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your review. We are so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations! I will be sharing your feedback with our entire staff to serve as an encouragement. Thank you again, and we hope to see you on your next visit to Huntingdon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I was originally suppose to stay at the Fairfield Inn due to the Comfort Inn being booked full. I spoke with Maria at the front desk and she said that if something opened up before I came she would give me a call. The day before my arrival she had a cancellation and remembered me which I was pleasantly surprised since it had been months earlier that I had spoken with her. It ended up saving me a difference of $200 for the week and the room at the Fairfield didn't even have a microwave or fridge in the room like my room at the comfort Inn had.
The staff was very friendly and polite. I was walking down the hallway and had a staff member make sure i was comfortable and I was pleased with my room. I will definitely be back to this hotel next year!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Katie M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your review! I am delighted that we were able to make a reservation for you and accommodate you during your visit to Huntingdon. We pride ourselves on our guest service and in providing a good value for a clean room at a great price. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our added amenity of refrigerators and microwaves in every room. Thank you again, and we hope to see you on your next visit to the area!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

A frequent traveler thru this area, we have never stayed at this hotel before. Expecting an experience similar to other Choice hotels were we have stayed, we were quite surprised how much better this Comfort Inn in comparison. Well maintained facility, the staff was friendly, efficient and courteous, comfortable bedding and spacious room. Breakfast was on par with other Choice Hotels. The only downside was a car rental company operating out of the hotel lobby made it difficult to use the covered area for loading on departure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Katie M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your review! We are so glad that we were able to surpass and exceed your expectations. I have shared your comments with our team and they join me in thanking you. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Huntingdon and that you will have an even more enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This is the second time my mother and I have stayed and we will be back. They really try very hard to make sure your stay is nothing short of comfortable. The staff is great! Everything is clean, decor is attractive and warm like your at home. Breakfast is good and on Wednesday and Sunday they serve the best biscuits and gravy (YUM)!! My mom and I enjoyed our stay for 5 nights.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Katie M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Thank you for your review. From our cozy beds to our biscuits and gravy, our goal is to make sure you have the most pleasant, comfortable experience while staying on the road, . We want to be your home away from home. I am delighted that we have succeeded! Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Just stayed here for one night recently with my spouse. This hotel is clean and well maintained. My room had a comfortable bed/pillows, which counts for a lot, and the breakfast buffet was very decent. The staff was friendly, efficient and courteous. The only downside, over which the hotel has no control, is the nearby railroad tracks, over which trains pass frequently, even throughout the night. The hotel is adjacent to a nice community park and within walking distance of downtown.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Katie M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for your kind review. We are so glad that you found our hotel to be clean, comfortable, and well maintained. That means a lot to our staff who work hard to make sure you are comfortable during your stay. We are also glad that you enjoyed our new pillows, featuring firm and soft pillows on each bed, as well as our upgraded hot breakfast buffet. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again on your next visit to the Huntingdon area!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've visited this hotel numerous times over the past four years while my son attended Juniata College. It's usually a good bet and better than the roadside motels, but this trip was not good. Our first room smelled of smoke, even though it was a non-smoking room (it was, however, on a floor with smoking rooms). The hallway outside the non-smoking rooms smelled of smoke as well. We were moved to a room on the second floor, but this smelled of mold and there was a layer of dust in the air unit. They said they brought up an ionizer to clean the smell, and there was no smell afterwards. Also, the microwave beeped constantly, even though we weren't using it. We had to unplug it.

And we had made the reservation a year in advance, for his graduation.

The breakfast was poor--fried eggs, not scrambled, which is a problem if you're trying to watch your health. Also, the rate of $135, even during the high season, is pretty high for Huntingdon, Pa. One saving grace is that the hotel is within walking distance of the downtown.

So, better than the various motels and motor inns on Route 22, but if you could, stay at the Fairfield Inn down the road.

Room Tip: Rooms on the north side are away from the freight train tracks. I don't mind the sound, but it c...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jslaff
Katie M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

On behalf of our entire team, allow me to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations on your recent visit. Thank for bringing these items to my attention. I will be discussing them with our team to see how we could have provided a better stay for you. I’m glad that we were able to alleviate the odor for you from the room and I apologize that the microwave was not working to your satisfaction. We try to offer a variety of breakfast items and eggs to please all of our guests. I apologize that during this stay we were only offering the fried eggs and the hard-boiled eggs. We try to remain competitive with the other hotels in the area and set our prices to reflect the value we provide. I thank you for your comments and I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may surpass your expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Route 22/Raystown Lake
#3 of 15 in Altoona
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#6 of 15 in Altoona

Been to Comfort Inn Huntingdon? Share your experiences!