“Great sleep in a renovated room”

Comfort Inn Huntingdon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Huntingdon
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Rooms have been renovated, and they've done things right. Slept like a baby 2 nights in a row. Air conditioner runs with a constant speed fan, and keeps the room temperature just right. Coffee maker has been upgraded to a Keurig. Bed & pillows were great.

Internet was easy to connect and fast, but had to re-connect every time I opened my iPad.

My wife and I have stayed here many times, but not recently. This was our first time back since the renovation and under the new GM. We will return.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Katie M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We are delighted that you enjoyed our upgrades and our recent renovations. I am excited to tell you that there will be even more upgrades in the future as we strive to provide the best possible value and best possible stay for our guests. Thank you for choosing us and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Nice clean room and dining area very nice with a nice selection of breakfast items.
Slept well despite the train going by several times during the night.
If you are a light sleeper ask for a room facing front of the hotel. Definitely will help with the periodic train whistle and noise during the night.
But all in all a very nice place to stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Katie M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and our upgraded hot breakfast buffet. Feedback from our guests is very important to us. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Gracious staff at the front desk, in the breakfast area, in housekeeping--friendly folks willing and eager to talk, with pride, about the Huntingdon area and its attractions and history. The room and bath were clean and in excellent condition. The Keurig coffee/tea maker is a nice upgrade. The hotel is within walking distance--over the Juniata River--of the Huntingdon County Historical Society, which was the focus of our family-history stay. The pool is small (not deep or long) but bright and clean and well-maintained, and it offered a nice break from the dusty day. It is close to restaurants--both chain and local offerings.

Room Tip: The railroad is north of the hotel, running along the Juniata River, so if you are very sensitive to...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Katie M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We take great pride in our hotel and in our town. I'm glad that it shows! We are glad that you found our facility exceptionally clean and convenient to Huntingdon's attractions. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Huntingdon!

Reviewed 2 August 2014

We have stayed at the Comfort Inn since it was built, built onto, and renovated. The location is excellent, only 15 minutes from Raystown Lake. Next door to Giant, gas, many restaurants, and a WalMart a few miles away.
This is a very clean facility, with microwave, refrigerator, and Kuerig in the rooms. The continental breakfast is loaded with goodies, from dry beef gravy & biscuits to eggs and sausage. You can't go away hungry.
The staff is friendly and helpful.
We recommend requesting a room on the parking lot side due to the trains that pass on the other side of the motel and blow their horns on approaching the intersection.

Room Tip: Parking lot side to avoid some train noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kellie G
Katie M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear from repeat guests! We thank you for your loyalty. We're glad that you enjoyed our renovations and upgraded amenities, especially our hot breakfast buffet. We continue to strive to exceed all of our guests' expectations. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you on your next vacation to Raystown Lake and Huntingdon!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The first time we ever stayed at this hotel and it was awesome!!!! They exceeded our expectations on every level and would definitely recommend it..whenever we needed anything, they were Johnny on the spot. Great job to all the staff :)!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Katie M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your review. We are so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations! I will be sharing your feedback with our entire staff to serve as an encouragement. Thank you again, and we hope to see you on your next visit to Huntingdon!

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I was originally suppose to stay at the Fairfield Inn due to the Comfort Inn being booked full. I spoke with Maria at the front desk and she said that if something opened up before I came she would give me a call. The day before my arrival she had a cancellation and remembered me which I was pleasantly surprised since it had been months earlier that I had spoken with her. It ended up saving me a difference of $200 for the week and the room at the Fairfield didn't even have a microwave or fridge in the room like my room at the comfort Inn had.
The staff was very friendly and polite. I was walking down the hallway and had a staff member make sure i was comfortable and I was pleased with my room. I will definitely be back to this hotel next year!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Katie M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for your review! I am delighted that we were able to make a reservation for you and accommodate you during your visit to Huntingdon. We pride ourselves on our guest service and in providing a good value for a clean room at a great price. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our added amenity of refrigerators and microwaves in every room. Thank you again, and we hope to see you on your next visit to the area!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

A frequent traveler thru this area, we have never stayed at this hotel before. Expecting an experience similar to other Choice hotels were we have stayed, we were quite surprised how much better this Comfort Inn in comparison. Well maintained facility, the staff was friendly, efficient and courteous, comfortable bedding and spacious room. Breakfast was on par with other Choice Hotels. The only downside was a car rental company operating out of the hotel lobby made it difficult to use the covered area for loading on departure.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Katie M, General Manager at Comfort Inn Huntingdon, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you for your review! We are so glad that we were able to surpass and exceed your expectations. I have shared your comments with our team and they join me in thanking you. We hope that you will stay with us again on your next visit to Huntingdon and that you will have an even more enjoyable experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Route 22/Raystown Lake
Nittany Lion Inn
Nittany Lion Inn
#5 of 26 in State College
Quality Inn & Suites Burnham
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, State College (Penn State Area)

Been to Comfort Inn Huntingdon? Share your experiences!