“Nice, clean and newer Comfort Inn”

Comfort Inn Huntingdon
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Huntingdon
Hamilton, Canada
“Nice, clean and newer Comfort Inn”
Reviewed 25 July 2009

We stayed overnight in August 2008 on route to SE PA. The hotel was very clean, the rooms were large and comfortable and the staff was welcoming and friendly. There were restaurants nearby and a large mall just 1/2 mile away and one down the road about 2. miles away. It seemed like the hotel was new and the common areas were clean. The breakfast was just average, nothing to write home about- typical Comfort Inn so wont recommend it for the food! However, over all, a very nice stay if you need a stop over location.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Stafford VA
Reviewed 9 July 2009

I have visited Huntingdon often over the past years, and I can say that the opening of the Comfort Inn several years ago was a blessing! Even if I have other accommodation options @ Juniata College, I choose to stay at the Comfort. The staff is wonderful, the rooms are clean and the breakfast is fine...although it seems to always be the same for every stay. The train could bother some, but a pair of cheap earplugs eliminates that issue altogether. I rate this Comfort Inn in the top 3 of all in which I have stayed in recent years. Thank goodness for the Comfort, otherwise you are pretty much out of luck around Huntingdon

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Western New York
Reviewed 28 June 2009

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for Creation 09. No complaints as far as service or location are concerned. Both are excellent. There are trains that go by fairly regularly if you are in a room that faces downtown Huntingdon. This didn't really bother us because we had the AC going. Even if we didn't, it wasn't a big deal. Of course, we live next to a busy road at home so I suppose that has something to do with it. The pool is indeed small, as is the workout room. We didn't use either so I can't really complain.

The only things I have issue with are that the only room available was a smoking room. We booked a year in advance but this is all that was available. Not really their fault but what can you do. Also, certain channels on the TV would cut out from time to time.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Colorado
Reviewed 26 May 2009

We have stayed here a couple of times (9/07 & 9/08) and find it to be pretty nice. Huntingdon has VERY slim pickin's when it comes to hotels. This one is the newest and cleanest. It has a good breakfast and has free wi-fi. Front desk has always been helpful. We have stayed in a couple of other places in the area and this one is the best. Frankly, it is really the only worthy show in town and they treat you quite well. Both times our room was very large and clean with a good TV. When Juniata College has large events, this one books up first for the reasons listed above. The other parents we know book WAY in advance to assure staying here. Otherwise, they go to Altoona or State College, not bothering with the others in town. I wholeheartedly agree.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
camp hill
Reviewed 14 April 2009

I had to go here with my science olympiad team because it is the only hotel close to where we need to go. The pool is no more than a small concrete ditch. The trains were a huge disturbance and most of our team was woken up and were tried for the competition. If it is at all humanly possible i would avoid this hotel at ALL COSTS!!!

• Stayed May 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank lostie32
Bradford, PA
Reviewed 25 July 2008

My wife, grand daughter and I just spent a week at the Huntingdon, PA Comfort Inn and cannot speak highly enough about the Hotel and its staff. The Inn is spotless. The rooms spacious and comfortable. With an excellent continental breakfast, wireless internet and a warm, clean indoor pool, you can't go wrong staying at this Inn if you are in the Huntingdon area. The entire staff will do anything to make your stay enjoyable.

• Liked — The warm friendly atmosphere
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
huntingdon
Reviewed 28 June 2008

I have been staying at Comfort Inn off and on for 2 months now and I have to say that I have not one time found fault with the rooms cleanthliness, every stay the staff has been more than helpful with any and all requests and they have a great attitude.

As for the train, I have only had occassion to hear it during the day and I am sure that if it was a issue that the staff would do their best to change my room.

As an RN I surely would not lay my head down in any hotel I felt to be sub standard, and I have a hard time fully believing disgusted's review based on my own experiences.

I have stayed in comfort Inns form NYC to Panama City and can honestly say that this comfort ranks in my top 5 pick of them all....

• Liked — staff
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mohican38
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Route 22/Raystown Lake
#17 of 26 in State College
The Inn at Solvang
The Inn at Solvang
#1 of 3 in Huntingdon

Been to Comfort Inn Huntingdon? Share your experiences!