“The Best B&B I've Ever Stayed In”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Inn at Solvang

The Inn at Solvang
Ranked #1 of 3 Huntingdon B&B and Inns
Crown Point, New York
“The Best B&B I've Ever Stayed In”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I cannot say enough good things about the Inn at Solvang. Here's why it was the best B&B experience I've ever had:

Room: The rooms are spacious, spotless and comfortable. We were in the Garden Room, which was quiet and light. The bathrooms are also spotless. Ours had a whirlpool tub and a separate shower stall with multiple showerheads in it. Good light to read by on both sides of the bed. Large windows throughout the house.

Decor: The furniture and furnishings are in keeping with the era of the house, without them being over-the-top floral or busy. The whole house has a calming effect the minute you walk in the door.

Grounds: The Inn sits up a hill away from the road and is surrounded by a large lawn in front and forest on the sides and back. Simply gorgeous location.

Innkeeper: The innkeeper was away at the time we were there, but her assistant, Joan, was fantastic. Helpful but not at all intrusive.

Breakfast: Available at any time of the morning you want, so if you need to get an early start, it's not a problem to get breakfast earlier than is the case at many B&Bs. The food is absolutely delicious, to boot. We had an egg frittata, roasted potatoes, fresh muffins, and a berry smoothie. All just superb.

Technology: Wi-fi that worked beautifully. Flat-screen TVs in every room, with cable. For low tech entertainment, decks of cards are available in each room!

Other rooms: There is a large living room, a conservatory with a piano in it, a gazebo out back, a patio- just tons of space for wandering around in and enjoying.

Extras: We left something behind without knowing it and Joan not only called us to let us know, she drove into town to deliver it to us. Now that's service!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank eaglelake20

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Arabic first
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was about our tenth visit to this charming and comfortable mansion. We originally stayed here because my wife has family in the area, but we would keep coming back even if she didn't. Rooms are spacious, and the common areas (living room and conservatory) are both enormous and cozy at the same time. The innkeeper, Stephanie, is a wealth of knowledge about local attractions and restaurants. She and her staff do an amazing job of feeding and tending to the comforts of all their guests.

Room Tip: All rooms are great, but my favorites are the huge Heart and Hands room on the second floor and the...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Greensburg, PA
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this B&B several times, most recently for our daughter's college graduation in May. It is always lovely. The rooms are immaculate and the home gorgeous. Big beautiful windows and lovely woodwork. The staff is gracious and the breakfasts always delicious. Beautiful grounds too. If you're looking for something different than standard hotels in the Huntington area this place is it. Ask for the Heart and Hand room. It's my favorite - large and beautiful with a view of both the front and back lawns and a nice bathroom.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We took a trip to tour Juniata College and decided to try the Solvang based on other reviews. The reviews nor the pictures did the experience justice! It was, by far, one of the best inns/B&B's I have ever experienced. The house is gorgeous with grand white pillars and sweeping porches situated on a beautiful, tranquil parcel of land. Stephanie, the innkeeper, is a fantastic hostess who has a lot of passion for her job which translates into a very welcoming, relaxing experience for her guests. We were treated to cookies upon arrival with a quick tour of the property. Stephanie is very knowledge about the area, attractions, restaurants, and more. The price of the room also includes a three course breakfast (that is locally sourced) served on the original homeowner's china. Also, I was with my 16 year old daughter and she throughly enjoyed our time there. Even though my daughter may not attend Juniata College, I will definitely make the 8 hour drive to stay at the Solvang again when I want a respite from life with amazing scenery, pampering and food.

Room Tip: WE stayed in the Aviary room which was more than ample for two people. If I had both my kids with m...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The Inn at Solvang was wonderful from e staff to the grounds and the accommodations. We were in the sunny garden room, which was beautifully decorated. The bathroom was large and had a wonderful shower in it.

When I made the reservation, I told Stephanie, the innkeeper, that I had food allergies and digestive issues. She servers a wonderful breakfast of a berry smoothie, eggs and bacon, homemade cinnamon bread made into French toast.

The inn itself is beautiful complete with a living room, music room and lovely grounds.

We would not hesitate to stay there again and will be recommending it to friends and family.

Room Tip: We loved the garden room. It overlooked the front yard which gave us a chance to see a family of de...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Must be the most stylish B&B I've ever spent time, The house is beautiful in super surroundings.
Our host Stephanie was fantastic and cooks a great breakfast
Watching the wildlife from our window was a bonus.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, we had the Garden room 'beautiful'
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Oak Ridge, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 June 2013

My two sisters and our husbands stayed at this lovely B&B this past weekend. We all came to Huntingdon to celebrate my brother's 50th wedding anniversary. The internet pictures do not do this lovely inn justice. It is a large beautiful 1930's home with lovely period decor. You felt like you were home. The rooms are all spacious and very clean. Stephanie, the manager, was so very gracious and helpful. She also is the chef and served a very full and tasty breakfast made from all local seasonal ingredients. The dining room was set in lovely China from the original owners. Stephanie accommodated my one sisters dietery needs and allowed us to include my brother and his wife (the anniversary couple) for breakfast on Sunday morning. It was a great family weekend and made even nicer by our stay at the B&B!

Room Tip: The 1st floor Avairy Room is large and very lovely but if you prefer a firm mattress this is not th...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Fairfield Inn & Suites Huntingdon Route 22/Raystown Lake
Nittany Lion Inn
#3 of 26 in State College
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Altoona
BEST WESTERN PLUS University Park Inn & Suites

Been to The Inn at Solvang? Share your experiences!