“Other Reviews Are Right”

Huntingdon Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Huntingdon
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I wasn't thinking of staying here until I read the other reviews which were quite good. So, I decided to follow the advice of the Tripadvisor Community and give it a go. I'm glad I did. Despite the age of the property it is very well maintained. The receptionists were pleasant and one is on duty in the office at all times, which I've found rare for independently owned motels. Although there is no breakfast of any kind, there is free coffee offered 24/7. I reserved a "king" room #42 (see pics) that was very clean. No moldy or other strange odors were detected. The air/heating unit responded well and was relatively quite. Although there was a fridge, it was unhooked ( I guess to save electricity and keep it clean), but it worked well and chilled fast (note: I was there over a three day period). The wireless internet worked great, no problems with hot/cold water, and the drainage in the sink/tub was good. The location was good too. A couple of minutes by car to a nearby Wal-mart center and the downtown, and right next door to a Pizza Hut, and across the street from a small strip mall and Hoss's restaurant. The total from my room came to around $63/day, but the motel does not have AAA discounts. But, the already low prices make up for that. I plan on staying here again in June. If you can do without some of the "frills" such as continental breakfasts, gyms, and pools, then this place will be perfect for you.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank Lonso
There are newer reviews for Huntingdon Motor Inn

Reviewed 26 February 2012

I traveled to Huntingdon for a funeral and needed a place to stay overnight. I was traveling with my Labrador Retriever so I needed a place that would allow pets. After checking Tripadvisor, I made the reservation. (Note: pets add an additional $10 per night)

This is an older property, but don't be scared by that. All entrances are to the outside. It appears that at least the rooms have been freshened up recently as the bathroom had newer fixtures. My room was clean and fresh smelling. Everything was in order and everything worked properly. The room included a microwave and a refrigerator.

The price was very good and even with the extra charge for my dog, was still well under what other local hotels wanted. Overall this is a great value for someone like me that needed a clean room to sleep in overnight and to get a shower in the morning. If you need other amenities like a swimming pool or an excercise room, this is not your place to stay, but if you just need a place to sleep, give Huntingdon Motor Inn some serious consideration.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Biggoatroper
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We are so glad we took a chance on this place. Whenever we are in the vicinity this is where we will stay. Extremely clean, beds comfortable, everything that you need and at a great price.
Scenery was absolutely gorgeous...restaurant down the hill was very good! Most of all the people running the place could not have been nicer or more accommodating. Very friendly and informative of the area also. Thanks for your hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank krumrein
Reviewed 21 December 2011

Have stayed here at least 10 times now. Never had a bad experience. I know the place don't look like much from the outside. But don't let the old motel look fool you.very very clean everyone is very nice rooms are big showers have great water pressure!!!

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank Johnsrt4
Reviewed 27 August 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed for one night at the Inn. We loved that the price was VERY affordable and that our room was clean. The Inn is easy to get to, and is surrounded by many attractions, such as restaurants and stores (grocery and liquor) which was helpful. We arrived earlier than expected, and check-in wasn't until a few hours later. However, the clerk at the front desk was reasonable, and allowed us to check into another room that was ready for check-in which we were pleased about. We very much enjoyed our stay, and if ever traveling back to Huntingdon, we will choose Huntingdon Motor Inn again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jillybabe215
Reviewed 23 July 2011

There were no rooms at the chain hotels and was referred to the motor inn. good luck for me. Room was clean and nice at half the price. The gentleman at the front desk was extremely nice.

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank hotelw5
Reviewed 2 July 2011

We went to Huntingdon Pa. to go fishing. We stayed at the Huntingdon Motor Inn. They were extremely helpful,kind, and friendly. We were treated with smiles everyday. It made my trip that much better. I strongly recommend,if someone needs a place to stay,stay there. We also went out with Captain Sparky Price. He was the best. He taught me alot and we caught some trophy Stripper Bass. Captain Sparky,if you see this I want to let you know I will never forget you. Thank you so much. Hopefully we will meet again,if you can handle taking me out for the second time. This is a vacation I will never forget.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank TrishOpielski
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Comfort Inn Huntingdon
Days Inn & Suites Altoona
The Mill Stone Manor Motel
The Mill Stone Manor Motel
#3 of 4 in Huntingdon

Been to Huntingdon Motor Inn? Share your experiences!