“Don't judge a book by it's cover”

Huntingdon Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Huntingdon
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This hotel was a wonderful find. It is spartan and appears old on the outside, but clean and quite inexpensive. I plan on returning to Huntingdon in the future for vacation, and will definitely give this hotel my business. The only thing I would advise the management would be to give the exterior a refreshing bright fun paint job. The WI-FI was a little slow, but finally came around. Other than that, as I mentioned above, it was a wonderful find.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Matthew S
derek929, Owner at Huntingdon Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Thank you for your kind words. A bright fun paint job? hmmmm, It used to blue, and we settled on a neutral forest green and white. Its difficult with a cement block building, but, its built to last and soundproof. We have larger rooms, our Kings, and our double/double is even larger. Our Kings come with a coffee maker too.. WE look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We booked a queen for our daughters graduation from Juniata College and honestly didn't expect much since the price was so low, but when we arrived we were greeted by hugely pleasant, and genuinely nice, staff. We actually interacted with three different office staff folks and each one was just as nice as the other. The room itself was small (hence only 4 stars on the room) but it was clean (passed bedbug inspection, which I am always neurotic about) and had all the amenities except a coffee maker in the room (another reason for the 4 star)... however the front desk makes a great pot of coffee. Fridge, microwave, hairdryer... all there! I've stayed in 5 star hotels that didn't have all that! Last but not least, the hotel is right off rt 22 and I was really concerned about the traffic noise keeping me awake but it was not a problem.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Tonya C

So happy to read we passed.. We do take pride in our hotel. Some of our "friendly" staff has been here 25 years. Our larger room, the King, does come with a coffee maker. Again, Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Very clean and comfortable stay here. Larger in room fridge, decent bed, older fixtures but still a comfy stay for road weary travelers. Note - no breakfast with rooms here, but good restaurants not far away. Lots of open grassy area around the property for dog walking as this is a pet friendly property.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ScubaLadyK
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Since my first review, I've stayed here several times, and each time has been pleasant. However, I've noticed a problem during my last two stays. There seems to be a problem with the plumbing. Specifically, the toilets fail to flush completely. Although the problem was resolved (some time with a plunger), I found the experience kind of annoying. But, with nice staff, a maintained property, and great value, I can easily deal with this inconvenience. But, I just want to make others aware.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lonso
Reviewed 23 December 2013

it's a great place to stay. refrigerator and microwave in room a nice comfortable bed. the staff in office r very nice.i would stay here again. it's the nicest place i stayed in it has a desk and chair with a lamp very large room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife and I justr spent three days at the Huntingdon Moptor Inn. All rooms have refrigerators and microwaves. Our room was very large with a table and two chairs--we often find only one desk type chair. It was clean and had large dressers with lots of drawers for storage. The beds were very comfortable. The man at the desk in the evening couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. From now on this is where I stay oin Huntingdon.
Walt Vanderbush, Franklin, IN

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Walt V
derek929, Manager at Huntingdon Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay, and previous ones. We take pride in our (not so new) hotel. It is a second generation local owned business. Yes, the walls are thick.. solid block.. We do have a few flat screens too... Thank you for your support.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

We have stayed here several times in the last few years to have a comfortable and very affordable stay on Penn State football weekends. It is located right on Route 26 approximately 35 minutes away from State College and the drive is very scenic with little traffic. The motor inn is not a fancy place, but it is a quiet, peaceful place to unwind after football games. The inn sits at the top of a hill with a lovely view of the surrounding countryside. You can park right in front of your room (if your room is on the first floor) making it easy to unload and reload the car. The inn dates back to days gone by, but it must be solidly built because we have never heard a sound through the walls on either side of us. The people who are in the office are generally older, friendly and always accommodating. The coffee pot is always on and the coffee is good. Nearby there are numerous restaurants (Donna's and Mimi's sound popular although we have not been to them) and there is a Giant, Sheetz and a number of other businesses nearby. Every room is fairly large with a recliner, a desk, microwave and a decently sized mini-frig with a small freezer. Plenty of space for tailgate foods or supplies for a picnic at Raystown Lake. There is a TV with numerous channels, but don't be expecting a flat screen. Beds seem hard at first, but the sheets are fresh and clean and we sleep like logs in them. The shower is hot and refreshing. The towels are clean, but a little too small and rough for my liking. I am particular about my pillows so I always take mine along, but the pillows must have been replaced recently because I did not think they were that bad this time. There are room darkening curtains if you like to sleep late and windows can be opened for fresh air. Some curtains are showing a little age, but they work fine.

The bottom line is that the place is excellent for the price and our football weekend needs and therefore a 5 in our book. We will be back again!! Thank you for being there for us during our $$ years with two kids at PSU!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank SueE0330
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntingdon
Comfort Inn Huntingdon
Days Inn & Suites Altoona
The Mill Stone Manor Motel
The Mill Stone Manor Motel
#3 of 4 in Huntingdon

Been to Huntingdon Motor Inn? Share your experiences!