“Don't stay atthis terrible place if you had a choice”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Baoma Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Xiahe County
Baoma Hotel
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Xiahe County
Singapore, Singapore
“Don't stay atthis terrible place if you had a choice”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2011

I would not stay here again if I had a choice. It does not deserve its rank as top hotel in Xiahe. All the basic necessities for a traveller were not in place - hot water was irregular, the room was cold, blankets were insufficient and the front desk charges whatever rate they feel like charging. On arriving at 10:30pm, there was no hot water. I had to go down to the front desk to inquire and was told by the staff that I had to wait 30 minutes as it was all used up. It took more than 30 minutes for the hot water to be available, and after that, I had to shower in a big hurry as the hot water goes off at midnight. The room was cold and was missing blankets. When I asked them for more blankets, I was told that none were available. They said each room had two blankets, and I said mine had only one, and they insisted there were no more available. Eventually, one staff went into the office and came out with a blanket, but that was after a lot of wasted time. To make my stay experience even more unsatisfying, I overheard the woman at the front desk quote two travellers RMB220 for the same kind of room that I had that I was charged RMB280 for. This was just a few minutes after I had extended my stay for another night making it three nights stay when the two travellers were staying for one night. When I asked them about this, they simply said that they had misquoted the two travellers.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank S883

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2011

Beautifully decorated, clean room, centrally located at a good price. Overall a good choice.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Ghent, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2011

The hotel is located at the Tibetan side of Xiahe, on the main road. The staff is very friendly. We had a Tibetan style room ( with chamberwide "bed" ). The ( Western or Chinese ) breakfast is basic but good. The flatscreen has a dual mode TV/computer, so we could check the web in the room. Only disadvantage is the lack of warm water ( due to groups of tourists leaving early in the morning and using all the warm water ). Xiahe, its people and its surroundings are beautiful. We visited Baishi temple and Jiudaocheng ( paid 230 for a day-taxi ). The bustrip from Lanzhou takes about 3,5 hours ( 70 rmb ) via very good roads. Xiahe has plenty of restaurants, shops...

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Stef D
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

For our whole Tibet trip, most of the hotels were chosen by our guide, we were rather suspicious of this unknown hotel nor were there any photos to be found.
We were led to our rooms which had a colourfully curtain covering the door, and found, to our pleasant surprise, a pretty good comfortable room in a small town like Xiahe / Labrang.

The twin beds were good, room was spacious, clean and warm, ceiling had a nice tibetan decor, and the bathroom had hot water. Toilet was simple compared to the room (floor tile was old, tiny square type) but still clean.

Overall highly recommended hotel, staff were all smiles. (Didn't have breakfast here though so aren't sure about the food at the hotel).

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends