Xinguang Yayuan International Youth Hostel
US$48
  • Restaurant
St Cedro(Jinghong)
US$189
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I've been there with my boyfriend in november. A building was under construction, so we woke up everyday at 8:00. Nevermind, it's not their fault.
Their fault was that they are kind of lazy, I felt like they were making a fool of us sometimes, and room (private one) was very old, it began even t have mushrooms on the wall.
But the worse is that they take care of chinese people, but not foreigners. I explain : they rent bikes less cheaper than in the rest of the city. So we wanted to book 2 (there are only 4). But they said it was unbookable, that it was the 1st come 1st served rule. Ok, no problem, so the day after we woke up at 7, and we were downstairs at 7:30, and the lady told us that we couldn't take them because people booked them the day before ! I thought we couldn't book ?? And 4 chinese people came and ran off with the bikes ! So I asked her if they were kind of racist, and as soon as I said that, she woke up the manager who said we could take the employees bikes...for free...
But they didn't talk anymore to us during the stay, even to my "hello" they didn't answered...

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2013

This is a fun hostel with all the needed services. We stayed in a private, double room. Found it very spacious and comfortable. Though simple. The hostel had useful services, such as laundry, internet, and bicycle rental. Location is pretty good for walking around the small city of Jinghong.

I'd recommend the place, and I'd probably stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2012 via mobile

Manytrees is one of the many YHA youth hostels in China. It will probably be the first guest house you stay in after crossing the border from Laos. Most youth hostels in China are quite good. But this one was disappointing.

First problem was the fact that a new building is being built right opposite, blocking the sun and making plenty of noise. I imagine there is nothing the management can do about it. However what they can do is to try and improve their service, which was just bad. Staff were lazy and totally indifferent to the travelers' needs. There are just so many examples, I will only mention one. I asked the management for an extra blanket for the night, and they refused to give me, saying that they don't have enough. So I asked the maid (i can speak Chinese) and she showed me into the storage room where there plenty available blankets to choose from! So why does the management find the need to mislead people? Strange.

The advantages of this place are the good location, close to the Mekong river and the long distance bus station, and also the possibility to meet other people. Main disadvantages are the rooms which are a bit neglected, and the poor service. Overall, a disappointment.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We have a very bad experience with the Many Trees Hostel in Jinghong. We made a booking there a few days ago. When we arrived, they said they didn't receive the booking. And they said it the fault of the YHA China website. If you put your hostel on a site for booking, people expect you to look at that site, but that was below these people. They said all the rooms were taken now, but five minutes later a Chinese couple came in, and they gave them a room. Apparently, there is a double standard. When we asked the reception to help us find something else, they wanted to send us to a hostel with only dorms, which only had space for one night, and they were very rude. When we asked for hotels in the neighbourhood they said there were none and were very rude again.
This is a very unfriendly, bad hostel. And they call themselves many trees, but there are no trees, it's a shared courtyard in an ugly building.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andries M
Reviewed 27 January 2012

The rooms are pretty basic. Bathroom was dirty. Bed sheets were old. But the location is good.

Taxi drivers don't know of this hostel, so make sure you have the address and phone number written down to show/call.

• Stayed: January 2012