We ended our trip through Nicaragua here and are so glad we did. The condo was huge and full of light with amazing views of the ocean. The location is excellent since it is not "in" town, but an easy walk to town (although not a good walk to attempt in the dark since the road is narrow and not well lit). The staff was also excellent -very responsive to our needs and always very friendly. The bedrooms (three) were huge and cool with TONS of storage and the bathrooms (two and a half) were also nice. We would stay here again in a second!!!
Keep in mind:
1. The pool is very nice, with a bathroom and outdoor shower and shallow area for children. However, you'll have to keep a close eye on active little ones since one side of the pool drops off suddenly into the swim up bar area (we never saw it in use) and one end drops suddenly down a steep hill (they have put terra cotta planters here to try to block this area, but we still had to closely watch our kids).
2. As explained above, the location is fabulous if you want quiet relaxation within a decent proximity to town without being in town. However you'll likely accrue taxi costs as a result and many taxis wouldn't take us back to our hotel or who would charge us extra because they had to leave the paved road and enter the few blocks of unpaved access to the hotel which does a number on their cars (understandable).
3. Having a kitchen and access to a washer/dryer (for an additional cost) is great, but keep in mind you will have to stock up on all amenities yourself - including things like salt/pepper, paper towels, etc. The Pali grocery store is not far and an easy cab ride.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our property has 9 villas, and 2 pools.1 pool for adults, and 1 children's pool. Each villa is made up of 2 floors, and each one features 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, a living room, a dining room, and a kitchen. In the master bedroom there is 1 King size bed, the second bedroom has 2 twin size beds, and the third bedroom has 1 queen size bed. The 3 bedrooms are located on the top floor (second floor). The main room with 1 king size bed has its own private bathroom, and the other 2 rooms share a bathroom. The rooms have central air conditioning and the master control is located in the main room. On the ground floor we have the living room, dining room and kitchen. On this floor we have a ceiling fan and a half bath (a toilet). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Bahia del Sol Villas & Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahia Del Sol Villas & Condominiums Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Bahia Del Sol Villas And Condominiums