“Buena Onda”
Review of Finca Las Nubes

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Finca Las Nubes
Toronto, Canada
“Buena Onda”
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My family and I have just returned from our two week trip to Finca Las Nubes and I have to say that it was one of the best trips that we have ever experienced. In the midst of a tragedy with the recent death of a family member the staff and vibe at Finca Las Nubes eased our grief if only for the time spent there with their wonderful hospitality and kindness. Ada Luz our chef made us home cooked meals everyday that were absolutely delicious -her soups are the best ever! Her warmth and affection especially helped my mother through this difficult time. Juan who took care of the house was fantastic and made us feel right at home. He and Ada Luz went to a lot of trouble to make my daughter Juliet's thirteenth birthday special with all the decorations, pinata, home made cake (thanks Juan!) and fixings. Geo our driver/guide was so smart, sweet and funny and is a tremendous asset to the Finca. Thanks Geo for all of the adventures! Natalie and Chris make a good team and we are very grateful to them for sharing this unique experience with us. Also anyone who can capture my teenager's attention with his stories is a hero in my book-thanks Chris! The villa had spectacular views and was very well kept and designed. I felt completely at ease having our doors wide open at night to enjoy the breeze. I loved all of the wildlife that surrounded us- yes even the bugs were interesting looking and never bothered us at all. Finca Las Nubes and beautiful Nicaragua may in fact be 'the last best place'.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Chelseajulietcory

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Toronto
Reviewed 18 March 2013

We had a great time at Finca las Nubes. The kids loved the rooms and the pool. The staff was excellent - Lidia, Mel and Claudia. Ricardo was a super helpful careful driver. The kids loved the horseback riding, milking the cows and hikes on the farm.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Webbwood, Canada
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We had such a relaxing time, felt so spoiled, the house, the views and the staff were amazing.

Thanks Chris, for letting us stay in the retreat.
Thanks Lidia, for the great meals, and the cooking lesson.
Thanks Natalie, for the warm welcome and your car
Thanks Giovanni, for driving us safely and for the pleasant company, and thanks to the rest of the staff, who were taking care of us in such a quiet and attentive way, we would have loved to be able to speak more with them but language was a bit of a barier.
I guess next time we have to start Rosetta Stone a litle earlier.

a holiday hard to beat

Room Tip: Do not look any further, book with confidence
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Forestville,CA, United States
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Finca Las Nubes was visceral breathtaking experience that change my self and my family forever.We bonded together like we have never done in the past and enjoyed the infinity pool with a cold tropical dink in our hands as we watched each sunset for 12 days strait never missing a single one.We meet new friends that were also staying there from Canada who we adored.Our staff of Mel, Lidia, and Caludia and of course Alberto we all fell in love with and felt like extensions of our family.They made our stay so meaningful, and enriching that now that were back in the U.S all we can think about is how do we retire early and move their!I'd also like to say that the owner Chris is brilliant truly and Natale is a sweetheart and was so helpful a big hug and a thank you to all at Finca Las Nubes.

Room Tip: All rooms have a amazing view
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I was more than a bit nervous traveling to Nicaragua. I was amazed at how safe the country was and how great Finca Las Nubes was in person. I was surprised (because I am super pessimistic) to find the pictures on the Internet matched in person. It actually was a bit better in person. On the Internet they do not highlight the dirt road (which there are tons of throughout Nicaragua) and the working parts of the farm are not Disney-ish but the surroundings are lush and the workers' smiles are genuine.

The staff at our house were amazing! Lidia made amazing meals and was charming through and through. The rest of the staff was so perfectly unobtrusive but attentive, I wanted to stay on forever. A driver is a must in Nicaragua and am so glad that we had one.

I brought a mosquito net and my own sheets because I thought it would be best (because I am really pessimistic). Yeah... That wasn't necessary. They have mosquito nets and everything is clean. (I should know, I stripped the beds and inspected the mattresses). There were a handful of bugs at night (moths, etc) on the patio but none in my room. I was there during the dry season but did happen to see the biggest spider outside (lidia killed it after I screamed).

I am happy I was a guest.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Astraia M
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
Reviewed 25 December 2012

Our family is staying at Finca las Nubes & we're already wanting to come back next year. The food is excellent & the staff goes out of their way to way to accommodate us. The views are beautiful and amazing sunsets. We feel completely safe and relaxed. We were afraid it wouldn't meet our expectations because it seemed so great, but all of our expectations have been exceeded.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cyrano5420
Salmon Arm, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Loved Finca!
We were traveling with a group of about 30 people around Nica for 3 weeks and Finca was pretty much every ones favorite destination.

Views are amazing!! Food was fabulous! Felt extremely safe! Houses are spectacular!

We had the good fortune of having Mel taking care of us during our stay, he goes way above and beyond to make sure you are comfortable and happy, he really is an asset to FLN. Definitely do a horse tour with Jonny it was a highlight of the trip.

I am looking forward to going back to Nicaragua one day and returning to this place it really is very special.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends