“Best vacation of my life”
Review of Finca Las Nubes

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Finca Las Nubes
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Where to even begin?!
Finca Las Nubes is a haven of paradise. We stayed in Villa Hermosa for a week with 6 guests in total. Everything was spectacular- from the insanely gorgeous views, beautifully designed house (all the woodwork is made on the farm- exquisite!), amazing staff, and of course Chris and Natalie. We were met at the airport with our super awesome driver Giovanni- so friendly and good command of English. The villa itself was spacious and clean. Every morning we were greeted by fresh hot coffee and produce from the farm. The sunsets are out of this world. We went horse riding and hiking on the farm itself. Town is a good ten minute drive from the Villa, but we opted mainly to stay at the Villa in the evenings and watch sunset and look at the stars. All in all a very relaxing vacation, super friendly staff, and a great owner- Chris!
Will definitely come back. Highly recommended if you are looking for a beautiful vacation to relax and enjoy nature.
Thank you Chris and Natalie for the best vacation of a lifetime!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Spent 1 week at Finca Las Nubes with 3 other couples and 2 kids over New Years 2014. Had a great time. Ricardo, our guide was polite, gracious, and considerate. The meals were wonderful! I suggest that if/when you take day trips, ask the staff to pack a lunch for your group. It is included in the cost and you can spend more time exploring and less waiting for food in a restaurant. The pool was wonderful, the electricity and Wi-Fi worked almost all of the time. We walked around the property and viewed the farm and animals and visited the wood shop.
Best surfing was at Playa Hermosa as it is gated and much more exclusive/mellow than Playa Maderas. Surfboard rentals much cheaper at SJDelS than Iguanas or Rancho Santana. We were encouraged to tip the staff $5.00 per day per person and we ended up tipping Ricardo $300.00 so just factor this into your budget. When we first arrived, the pool was not ready and one of our group attempted to turn on pump to clean it so that we could use it after our long travel day, and the owner was a bit unhappy about that and let us know. We likely should have checked first before trying to clean pool but....pool should have been clean when we got there.
So overall a very good experience. Relaxing and comfortable with good staff, great meals, and a terrific guide.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DQDUDE
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Where do I even begin? Finca Las Nubes is a breathtaking location. My family of twelve just stayed at Casa Carol Anna and Casa Bella. The houses are absolutely beautiful. Each room is spacious, with a great amount of storage, a large bathroom space, and glass doors and windows, allowing each wall of the house to have a spectacular view. The views from the homes were beautiful. We would even rush home to make sure we could watch the sunset over the infinity pool and ocean. The homes both had large living spaces for our family to all hangout and play games together or just lounge by one of the two pools. My favorite part was the large wooden tables that we were all able to fit around and have breakfast and dinner together. The food was AMAZING! We were told when we arrive that basically everything we ate would be organic and straight from the farm grounds. We had fresh fruit, eggs, chicken, and more every day. Enough to were, when we returned to the states I started buying more organic items. The staff was UNBELIEVABLE, Fernando, Pepe, Patricia and Mauricio. They cooked us fantastic meals, and were willing to cook two separate meals because I don’t eat seafood. They would have coffee ready before we were even up in the morning. Pepe became so close to us that I think we all wanted to bring him home. Patricia was such a sweetheart as well. Geovanni was a great driver and took us all over. He was great to talk to and would answer all of our questions (even the personal ones). He made it so it was not uncomfortable to be driven around by a stranger. Overall, the staff was great. Anything we needed they were willing to help. The property on the farm was well guarded and completely safe. It was great to see the wood shop where they make their furniture. As well we got to see howler monkeys on the property!

The only thing I would recommend is possibly having screens on the doors, so that guests can sleep with their doors open. It would get rather hot and their are fans in the room, however, if you want a breeze you risk having bugs around you.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I just spent a week at Finca Las Nubes in Casa Carol Ana and Casa Bella with 12 family members. We had a great experience, visited the farm facilities, walked around the area, and went horseback riding. The staff were excellent - Lydia, Fernando, Pepe, Mauricio, Geovanni, Patricia and Mauricio. It was perfect for our group: lots of space, spectacular views of SJDS, lovely grounds, pool and deck areas, and three great meals per day, so no shopping, cooking or cleanup chores. It was about 15 minutes into town, most of that on a rough farm road more suited to high clearance vehicles, and the finca provided a vehicle with a driver which certainly helped get us around. It was perfect for our family reunion, very comfortable to hang out as a large group, with relatively easy access to the town, beaches, and Granada, etc.Just spent a week at Finca Las Nubes in Casa Carol Ana and Casa Bella with 12 family members. We had a great experience, visited the farm facilities, walked around the area, and went horseback riding. The staff were excellent - Lydia, Fernando, Pepe, Mauricio, Geovanni, Patricia and Mauricio. It was perfect for our group: lots of space, beautiful views of SJDS, lovely grounds, pool and deck areas, and three great meals per day, so no shopping, cooking or cleanup chores. It was about 15 minutes into town, most of that on a rough farm road more suited to high clearance vehicles, and the finca provided a vehicle with a driver which certainly helped get us around. It was perfect for our family reunion, very comfortable to hang out on the finca with our large group, yet still have access to the town, beaches, and Granada, etc.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank David N
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I could not be more pleased with my experience at Finca las Nubes. I went with four couples and we had an absolute blast. It was beautiful, relaxing, and wonderful! We could not believe how friendly and helpful the staff was. They took amazing care of us. The meals were way beyond what I could have expected. Heather our guide took us all over the area and made sure that we got to do everything from surfing to a sail boat trip. I can't tell you what an amazing trip it was! One of the couples even got engaged on the beach Heather took us too. I have nothing but fond memories and the highest of recommendations for this heavenly villa!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2013

A lovely experience overall. We stayed at Casa Buena Vista. There are larger houses, but I can't imagine any better. Spectacular view, as the name suggests, and a beautiful (deep, and therefore refreshing) pool. The best part about our stay - well, besides the sunshine, the breezes, the abundant wildlife, or waking up to the sounds of howler monkeys and birds - was the staff.

Giovanni, our driver, was just awesome. Juan Pablo, the caretaker and cook, made sure everything was clean and tidy and made us fresh, excellent meals, and gave us our privacy. AdaLuz, the manager, came to check on us and always had a smile (and a great plan for dinner). Everyone on the ranch went about their business with pleasant smiles. I would guess in the grand scheme of things it's a pretty great place to work!

The house is beautifully simple and elegant but very indoor/outdoor, and without AC so if you are a city slicker, you might be freaked out by the insects, plus it can get hot at times. We LOVED every minute of it BECAUSE of these things. And as an added bonus, if you're a birder, you will be in absolute paradise: mot mots, humming birds a plenty, toucans, rare trogons, you name it!

This place is so special, I sincerely hope they don't rent to "party people". We had a sloth that stayed within 100 feet of the house the entire week, and I would hate to think of anyone disturbing him (her?).

SJDS is your standard Latin American beach town, but the beaches themselves are lovely. (This is not the Caribbean, mind you - it's the Pacific ocean, so don't expect turquoise shallows.) All the surfers we met at the beach were friendly and cool, locals, expats, and visitors alike. My 9 year old daughter made several canine friends at each beach. The Flying Frog zipline is awesome and very close by, and our trip to the top of Volcano Mombacho to hike through the cloud forest was specatacular. I can't imagine a more stunning place - I could have stayed a week just there, but then I'm a wildlife nerd.

EXCELLENT ALL AROUND. THANK YOU, CHRIS AND NATALIA!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2013

My family and I have just returned from our two week trip to Finca Las Nubes and I have to say that it was one of the best trips that we have ever experienced. In the midst of a tragedy with the recent death of a family member the staff and vibe at Finca Las Nubes eased our grief if only for the time spent there with their wonderful hospitality and kindness. Ada Luz our chef made us home cooked meals everyday that were absolutely delicious -her soups are the best ever! Her warmth and affection especially helped my mother through this difficult time. Juan who took care of the house was fantastic and made us feel right at home. He and Ada Luz went to a lot of trouble to make my daughter Juliet's thirteenth birthday special with all the decorations, pinata, home made cake (thanks Juan!) and fixings. Geo our driver/guide was so smart, sweet and funny and is a tremendous asset to the Finca. Thanks Geo for all of the adventures! Natalie and Chris make a good team and we are very grateful to them for sharing this unique experience with us. Also anyone who can capture my teenager's attention with his stories is a hero in my book-thanks Chris! The villa had spectacular views and was very well kept and designed. I felt completely at ease having our doors wide open at night to enjoy the breeze. I loved all of the wildlife that surrounded us- yes even the bugs were interesting looking and never bothered us at all. Finca Las Nubes and beautiful Nicaragua may in fact be 'the last best place'.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family