“Best school in town!”
Review of Spanish Ya

Spanish Ya
More attraction details
Owner description: Spanish Ya, is a Spanish language school in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua. Our Spanish school offers weekly programs that include 20 hours of Spanish lessons, home-stay in private rooms with bathroom (this is from Sunday to Sunday morning, on site at the school or with a host family), three meals every day, purified water, and, also three afternoon activities during the week. Living with a Nica family, you will be immersed in a Spanish environment where you will have the opportunity to integrate into the community and use your Spanish in varied real-life situations.
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Stavanger, Norway
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best school in town!”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I studied spanish at Spanish Ya for two weeks, and I was very impressed with the school. All of the teachers are very professional, and the lessons are very well structured. With one on one lessons you get the most out of your time and you will definitely learn a lot! I did the homestay option and I would definitely recommend that as well. I think it's easier to focus on studying and immersing yourself in the language when you're staying with a spanish-speaking family rather than in a hostel\hotel with other travellers. The school also organises activities in the afternoons which is fun. This must be the best school in San Juan and I would love to go back!

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Ellen Marte S

Poole, England, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“The best school in town”
Reviewed 26 February 2013 via mobile

I loved my teacher at Spanish Ya, she was patient, kind and had many years experience teaching both English and Spanish people Spanish. I also did the home stay option and got to meet students from other schools. It became clear that the structure of Spanish Ya far exceeded other schools in the area where in some cases students were given a long list of useless nouns to learn rather than focusing on the structure and understanding the language. My family I stayed with we're also really lovely and sweet. Over all I would recommend Spamish Ya to anyone, ask for Juanita she was my teacher and she was amazing!!

1 Thank Rachel N
Grand Rapids MI
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“I liked it so much, I returned again”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

This was my 2nd time at Spanish Ya. This time, I brought my husband who also took lessons. This school is run by a very nice Nica family. My teacher assessed where I was and we got some things accomplished in one week. My husband also felt very positive about his experience as a beginner. This school is nicely located on the edge of a river/estuary and so a huge variety of birds fly by. I think this is a very good value because you get 3 good meals a day, 4 hours of 1:1 lessons each day and the school arranges three afternoon excursions (we went to two beautiful beaches and cultural night/dinner at a local restaurant.) SJDS is a safe, small town. You can walk to the beach and swim and enjoy the restaurants and bars. Most days, the students and teachers played a game together at the end of the lesson. That was very fun and a great way to build vocabulary. We played Charades, Apples to Apples and Cranium Cadoo. Both times I went, I wish I had stayed longer. Thanks!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank CharGrandRapidsMI
Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“returned to spanish ya after 4 years”
Reviewed 8 February 2013

I attended this school 4 years ago for 2 weeks, and just finished my second trip to this school. This time I studied 3 weeks.

A home stay with the owners is the best. The mother of the owner prepares the meals. She owned a restaurant in the past, so you can imagine the great food. The bedrooms are very clean. Everyone is friendly and helpful.

Every teacher here does an excellent job teaching, whether you are a beginner or have spoken Spanish for years.

I wouldn't go anywhere else.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank MsJeannie
Santa Cruz, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best place to learn spanish!”
Reviewed 20 December 2012

My wife and I went to nearly every spanish school in San Juan del Sur before finally deciding on Spanish Ya. We definitely made the right choice! It's right next to the river and shady so classes are always cool and comfortable. Our teacher was Juanita and she was excellent! Very patient, very knowledgeable, and very organized. We took 20 hours and our language skills have improved greatly. Thank you Spanish Ya, we'll definitely be back for more lessons next time we're in San Juan del Sur!

Visited December 2012