All reviews beginner surfing short drive from san juan wonderful property rooms are amazing private paradise hermosa beach outdoor shower wonderful hosts an amazing view other guests yasser lexi pillows privacy taxi sunset nicaragua
Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Perfectly located south of town (peaceful yet close enough to San Juan to spend a day sailing or dining) nestled in the top of the jungle to hear only the sounds of nature and watch the sunset. Views to die for! Understated luxury is evident in every detail. You can’t find a more manicured setting and quality amenities in the area. Great hosts too!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karinda L
Yasser C, Propietario at Villa Loma del Socorro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Thanks Karinda. That's right, we are only 12 minutes from the town / bay of San Juan del Sur, immersed in our tropical gardens.
We are so pleased to know that you enjoyed the musical that our Mother Earth offers to us every day and the experience of luxury offered by our rooms, swimming pools and public areas, where each centimeter was built with hands and materials from the famous lands of lakes and volcanoes, Nicaragua. Thank you for stay with us at Villa loma del Socorro

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Our stay at Villa Loma was fantastic, we stayed in the private villa with its own pool. The views were phenomenal and the property was clean and well kept. All of the staff were very welcoming and Yasser was incredibly attentive and helpful, even advising us of a tour to see the turtles come ashore and lay their eggs (also highly recommended). Eating breakfast on the patio is a must do also. This was by far the best place we stayed during our trip through Central America, and for a very reasonable price. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Villa Guayacan, our private villa that has a fully equipped kitchen, barbecue area, swimming pool with cave and waterfall and independent entrance with private parking. Happy to know that you have been able to enjoy our recommendations to make your experience the best.

We are located just 10 minutes away from Playa Hermosa and Playa Escameca in the south direction and in the north direction only 12 minutes from Villa Loma del Socorro to the fishing village of San Juan del Sur.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

BOTTOM LINE: Let's put it like this...I travel A LOT, and I have a problem. The problem is that I never write reviews (and I should, because I use reviews all the time when I book my hotels/excursions...and it's only fair). With that said, I came here to specifically write a review for VILLA LOMA DEL SOCORRO. WOW... what a place. Seriously. I have been to almost 60 countries and this is one of the nicest places I have stayed in my entire life (seriously). Then again, I am a Spanish/Colonial architecture fanatic.

STAFF: Yasser and Richard who own the place were very accommodating. Also, their assistant Carlos (and the woman, I forget her name) were all VERY helpful.

LOCATION: The location was up in the "mountains" and it has an AMAZING view of San Juan del Sur (about 15 mins) and Playa Hermosa (about ten minutes away, a much better beach in my opinion, less hippy and more "virgin") Also, at Playa Hermosa you can take surf lessons for about $30 an hour at Playa Hermosa Eco Lodge and the sunset from both places and beach is amazing) Oh, before I forget, if you go to Playa Hermosa, you might want a 4x4 - if going to Nicaragua - or anywhere in Central America, do yourself and get a 4x4 or at least something big-ish). With this said... to get to Villa Loma you will have to go a little "off-road" (but we had a piece of junk rent-a-car which was less powerful than a Smartcar and it made it up to Villa Loma!). There isn't anything around but that's fine because they have everything there you need and you're in the middle of nature while looking over the Pacific Ocean, amazing.

ROOM: We stayed at the Villa Guayacán and wow, it was like a one-bedroom mansion, seriously. The private pool, BBQ area, the terrace, view, room, THE BATHROOM omg, and even the outdoor shower were AMAZING (although not going to lie, water pressure could be a little stronger)... but that's normal in this part of the world. We paid about $100 a night... this place I would have paid over $200 a night, I'm not even kidding... go, it's awesome. In addition to the bed, there are two sofabeds which were decent enough to sleep two nights. Also, it was FULLY equipped... it had everything. You could stay there for days and never even have to leave.

FOOD: We had breakfast included. The breakfast was big and tasty, a mix of different types ranging from "English Breakfast" to Gallopinto, the local type... café, natural fruit juices, etc.

This probably seems like I was asked or paid to write a review, haha, but I promise I wasn't. Go, you'll see, this place is amazing!

If you found this review helpful, please click on the "helpful" thingy, thanks and enjoy!

Room Tip: Stayed in Villa Guayacán and it was amazing.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ChristopherTylerW
Yasser C, Propietario at Villa Loma del Socorro, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Christoper! Wow what a review! Thank you so much for your generous words. We loved having you and your dad visit us and hope to have you back again one day. It was a pleasure having you stay. We love it when we hear that our guests enjoyed their time at the Villa so much that they would like to share their experience. And you certainly shared!! Thanks again and take care.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

What a beautiful place! My partner and I had a lovely and relaxing stay at Villa Loma. The gardens, pool area, ocean and sunset views were stunning, and the villa was so well kept, clean and comfortable. It was so nice to meet Richard and Yasser. They were the most accomodating hosts you could ask for. Wonderful breakfast and coffee. Would highly recommend!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Yasser C, Propietario at Villa Loma del Socorro, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Hi Rebecca! Thanks so much for your kind words. It was lovely to have you here and we are delighted to hear that you had such a nice time! We hope to see you again one day!!

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

This place should at least be in the top 3 on Tripadvisor!

This is why:
- the peace and quiet, the sounds of nature
- the lovely hosts that go above and beyond to make your stay even more memorable
- the really great breakfast
- the beautiful pool that looks like a lagune
- you can feel at home and relax

We didn’t want to leave and we stayed one day longer than we supposed to.
We highly recommend it!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

We are trying we are trying!! it is so nice of you to say. Being a new place we are working hard to climb up into the Top 10 on TripAdvisor and your comments about your stay with us help so much. Some of our competition has been around for a long time and we respect their trailblazing efforts. We are working hard to offer our clients a truly luxurious and unique experience. Thanks for your kind words we will always have a room for you!