“Life changing week!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
CHICABRAVA Surf Camp
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Life changing week!!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I can't think of one negative thing to stay about my week with Chicabrava at the Surf House, it completely exceeded my expectations in every way. The house is kept super clean and the beds are really comfortable, I slept like a baby! The breakfast every morning was phenomenal and a great base for a day of surfing. The instruction for surfing was top rate and they thoroughly covered everything that I always wanted to know. I am a total beginner and couldn't believe it that I could surf a wave on my own by the end of the week. However, the very best part of the trip was getting to know the instructors at the camp. They are such a lovely, inspiring group of women. I felt like I left with new friends who would have a lasting impact on my life. I can't say enough great things about my experience and I would recommend the camp to anyone that would listen!! Deacachimba!!

Room Tip: I know others mentioned it can get noisy at surf house and that's true because people like to pa...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Chicabrava exceeded my expectations. I traveled with a friend to the surf house and we had a great time with all the girls. I really did not expect to improve so much in surfing, but by the end of the trip we were riding beautiful waves! The instructors were fabulous, and the location of the house is perfect. San Juan del Sur is a great place to meet people from all over the world, and there is always something enjoyable to do! The breakfast food is amazing! Definitely makes a great start to the day! Vacationing here was the best decision I made this summer!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I wanted to take a memorable trip as a 30th birthday gift to myself, and after doing a lot of research I settled on Chicabrava. I felt like a "brave girl" (as the name means) when I booked it, and the trip was totally fun, a big adventure, hard work (you're there to surf after all), and totally worth it. Nicaragua is in general more affordable than similar surf destinations, and the surf house in particular is a great value--right in the middle of charming San Juan del Sur. Yes, it's noisy at night, but there's a great camaraderie among the girls, the house staff is amazing, breakfast is delicious, and you really get a sense of the tiny city. I felt safe, empowered, and most important, I definitely improved my surfing skills. You'll surf every day, you'll eat amazing food, meet friends, and in general have an incredible time!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This trip was amazing in so many ways. From the moment we were greeted at the airport to being dropped off and headed home, it could not have been more perfect. The Cloud Farm was beyond any expectations I had, the AMAZING food, the warmness of the housekeepers and the beauty of it all were spot on. And the whole reason for coming, the surfing, was just SO fun!! Our instructors, Elsi (the "wave whisperer"), Kellyanne, Lauren and our host Noelani were a perfect combination to get us out surfing while feeling safe, yet pushing ourselves. It was honestly such a wonderful time, a review cannot do justice...Every sunset, every new friend, every sweet local, just makes me want to come back as soon as I can!

Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was an amazing trip. There is opportunity to meet new women, learn to surf, travel, challenge yourself and relax.

Our instructors were brilliant and always so helpful. They made the trip so much fun. There is so much packed into a day, yet, every day is a ton of fun and relaxing.

Wake, meditate with the most gorgeous view of mountains and water while listening to jungle noises. Load up with the others into the van and go into town. Load your surf board and off to a beach. We went to several during the week, all beautiful. SURF....if you've never done it before, do it. If you've done it before, you'll love the area. Mix in yoga, massage, dinners out, shopping and making new friends.

The Cloud Farm is beautiful. The staff was outstanding. Each meal was excellently prepared by two wonderful people and always contained organic vegetables and fruit grown right there on the property. It was delicious every time.

It is on the top of my list for favorite vacations and I'll be back.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the Cloud Farm if you want to relax.
1 Thank Stacy G
Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I started surfing again (played at it as a teen) later in life, and wanted to improve my skills by dedicating a good amount of time towards practicing. Well, let me tell you... if you want to learn to surf, go to Chicabrava !! I stayed at the Surf House and it was fine, but I am used to a bit more luxurious accomendations. SJDS is definitely a lively town, and there is no getting away from the noise if you stay in town. I loved the fact that I could walk around town whenever I wanted by staying at the Surf House though. Its a trade off. The breakfasts were sooo delicious, and the staff (from surf instructors to housekeeping) were so nice and accommodating !!! That was the best part ... how I was treated like family ... these people will be long time friends !! The camaraderie just can't be beat !!! I didn't get a chance to see the Cloud Farm location, but would consider staying there next time I go... YES, I definitely want there to be a next time !! I got the surf bug, and Nicaragua is the place to surf !!!

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs and protein snacks that don't melt !! it does get hot...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Txgirlloves2travel
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I took on the ChicaBrava camp last November (2013) and loved every minute of it!! i umm'd and ahh'd about doing it for a couple of weeks but I'm SO glad I committed - I don't think there was one bad review about Chicabrava and now I know why!!!

I arrived to Nicaragua from Australia and went straight to the surf camp. I was doing it alone so a little nervous about what to expect..but once I arrived, I met Lauren and Noelani (seriously the coolest chicks you'll ever meet) and it was a 4 days of fun and surf from then on!

The accommodation is clean, comfortable and has everything you need!
All the girls that work at Chicabrava are just amazingly beautiful people inside and out and they welcome you like you're a long time friend. The instructors are incredible teachers (I had never surfed before Chicabrava and now I'm able to take my board out for a surf back home!) and there's a great sense of camaraderie amongst the group which felt really special to be a part of.

i HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who is heading to San Juan and want to learn how to surf in a safe, fun and relaxed environment!!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
#22 of 27 in San Juan del Sur
El Jardin Hotel
El Jardin Hotel
#8 of 27 in San Juan del Sur

Been to CHICABRAVA Surf Camp? Share your experiences!