“Amazing awesome all girls surf camp!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
CHICABRAVA Surf Camp
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I had the best experience with Chica brava- I recently stayed at the surf camp in san juan del sur in town with 4 other awesome women of all ages and personal/professional/surf backgrounds. We all got along great and had kellyanne and Elsie as our instructors - they were so much fun, gave great feedback and had all of us surfing on the outside and down the line by the third day. I improved my surfing skills, got a better understanding on how to read the waves, and upped ny bravery level more than I thought possible! Translated to daily life skills and ready for whatever comes my way! So stoked on Chica brava would definitely go again and recommend other Chicas to check it out

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I LOVED Chicabrava! Get yourself there immediately!

The best part of Chicabrava is absolutely the staff (yay Elsi, Kellyanne, Candace, and Noelani!)
They're all excellent and enthusiastic surfers and coaches, and uniformly caring, smart, intuitive, and super energetic ladies. They perfectly balanced being supportive and encouraging everyone to pushing themselves; every one of us made huge progress over the course of a week.

I loved staying at the surf house. It's not a luxury hotel or silent, but it is super clean and comfortable, and has a casual tropical summer camp vibe that really appealed to me. The homemade breakfasts and juices were delicious, and the staff is wonderful. I loved being in San Juan del Sur and being able to walk out the door and grab a beachside pina colada, go to yoga or the local coffee shop, or try a new spot in town for dinner.

Before going to Chicabrava, I had been trying to surf for a few years, but wasn't seeing much improvement and was feeling bummed about it. Now I can actually surf, and Chicabrava gets total credit. Aside from just catching waves, I have better board handling and wave reading skills, so being in the water is less intimidating/tiring and way more fun. And, I met amazing new friends and enjoyed a beautiful week in Nicaragua. Woot!

I had such an amazing time and can't wait to go back! xoxo Chicabrava, keep nailing it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Attending Chicabrava surf camp was one of the best experiences of my life! I had such an amazing time out in the water surfing everyday. The instructors could not have been better coaches. The progress I saw in my surfing after just one week was incredible. The town of San Juan Del Sur was so much fun and full of life. We went to some many different restaraunts and the food just kept getting better. If you attend this trip I highly suggest that you opt for the horseback riding as well as the catamaran trip. They were both great excursions that gave you a larger taste of being in Nicaragua. I will definitely be attending Chicabrava again!

1  Thank Samantha M
Reviewed 29 June 2014

3 of my friends and myself traveled to Chica Brava for a girls week. Some of our friends had visited the camp returning with stories and pictures that were so fun we decided we must go. From the moment we left the airport all of our needs were more than taken care of. We stayed at the cloud farm which is a beautiful location and is worth the extra cash. Everyday we woke up to a wonderful breakfast and delectable coffee grown right there on the farm. Your meals are included which makes things a little easier to budget and are all down right amazing. The house staff are so nice and genuine. They really take pride in what they do making marvelous meals and keeping the house spic and span. We asked them to sit and talk with us one night after dinner which they did and it was a joy to spend that time with them. As for the surfing I had very low expectations for myself since I had never surfed before by the end of the week I had such a feeling of pride and accomplishment. We got up every morning and surfed it was great! Our instructors really pushed us (literally pushed us up on the wave.) and made sure that we achieved what we were there to do. They were all so sweet and really took the time to make things wonderful and personal. All of the instructors worked very hard to insure that we had everything we needed and set up excursions for us. We elected to take the catamaran tour which was amazing and relaxing. We enjoyed the water and a secluded beach on the boat they served unbelievable ceviche and drinks all included in the tour. I really can't say enough about this experience. We are so appreciative to our chica's in Nicaragua. They became friends and companions to us throughout the week and made it an A+++ experience for all of us. If you are thinking of going go! It is so worth it. Thanks Chica's for being so awesome!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

I wish I could add more than five stars here. Myself and three of my girlfriends just got back from a week at the Cloud Farm, non of us had any experience in surfing at all. The people that run CHICABRAVA have perfected every detail of the stay, from start to finish. Lauren, Noelani, Dani and Elsi went above and beyond to make sure we were safe, both in and out of the water. Each of them had a wealth of knowledge and patience for all of us. My goal was simply to stand up by the end of the week. I was standing on the board my first day. I got so attached to them that I had tears when we said goodbye. It was a beautiful trip, with awesome friends, new and old. I recommend the Cloud Farm 100%. They cook all of your meals there from their farm and have fresh smoothies every morning. Even one of the cooks went out of his way in taking us to hike and find a sloth, which we did!!!! Johnny then took my camera and CLIMBED UP IN THE TREE, woke it up, and took a picture for me. If you are looking for a fun challenge, life changing experiences and up for meeting some exceptional people, get your butt to this surf camp asap. Don't wait.

Room Tip: Stay at the Cloud Farm! It is worth the extra money. It's breezy, quiet, full of nature, all the...
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My close friends and I came to San Juan with very realistic expectations. I for one, was blown away at the gorgeous accommodations and landscape. We stayed at the cloud farm, which kept us cool with a breeze up in the mountain. The view from the infinity pool was like a backdrop out of a movie.
The surf instructors were very friendly and motivating. My goal was to get to know my girlfriends better and to simply stand up on a board before the week was through.
Both were achieved by day 2.
By the end of the week I was hooked and wanted to ride as many waves as I could.
Thank you, chicabrava for showing me that all it takes is a little girl power. See you soon!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Chica Brava Surf Camp is everything it promised and more. I spent my week at the Surf House in San Juan del Sur and combined my surfing with Spanish lessons arranged by Chica Brava at Spanish Ya. From the moment I arrived to when I left the trip was fabulous. My coach KellyAnne is an excellent surfer and instructor, and so much fun to hang out with. Within the first few days with KellyAnne in the water on her board with me and then coaching from the shore during my "hour of power", I had exceeded my goals for the week and was able to start focussing on what I need to do next to continue to improve my surfing. KellyAnne and Noelani worked in the water and on land to improve my technique. The waves that used to look big are now totally manageable. Noelani came with us to the beach and took video for some feedback which helped a lot, plus it was wonderful to get to surf with, and watch, Noe ride waves too. The entire staff at Chica Brava is exceptional and they work so well as a team. The yoga classes and massages arranged by the camp were spaced perfectly throughout the week and really helped after so much surfing. The weather and waves were excellent the entire week. And as if the surfing, Spanish lessons, yoga and massages weren't enough, we did a lot more. In mid week we had Sushi at the surf house and a film night with the girls, other evenings we had dinner at some of San Juan's finest food establishments, an early morning hike with Noe, sunset paddle in the bay with KellyAnne and Noe the first night, and then topped the week off after a fabulous lobster dinner by hanging out at Howler watching surf videos on the big screen. I had so much fun and really value the new friendships I've made. I will be returning and plan to stay at the Cloud Farm which I also understand to be an amazing experience. Thanks so much for such an incredible experience Chicas and I'll see you soon. Big hugs, Robyn

Room Tip: All the rooms are great and are usually shared with other campers, but Chica Brava has an option whe...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo