“Nice atmosphere”
Review of El Gato Negro - CLOSED

El Gato Negro
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: El Gato Negro is a Bookstore/Coffeehouse providing locals and travelers a comfortable place to enjoy whole foods, interesting conversation, amazing coffee, the best selection of books in Central America, and an ambiance which will make you forget that you have spent four hours with us.We source organic and whole foods locally and import what we cannot find here. Our friends are our bakers, yogurt makers, lettuce growers, bee keepers, coconut oil pressers...... We offer an experience unique in Central America.
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Best coffee I had in Nicaragua.
Good location.
Fair pricing.
Great banana and chocolate bagel.

The only down fall is i was there three times and the staff just seem like they don't want to be there.
Every thing else great overall.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Went here for breakfast every morning. Shelves of used books, variety of places to sit, tons of coffees and teas. New age vibe with natural/organic foods. First morning I had a breakfast sandwich and the next my hubby and I split the caramel apple French toast (yum!) A bit pricey for the area so mostly expats and tourists there.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have gone to breakfast at gato for years, and it is consistently wonderful. I can't imagine why some reviewers have complaints about the staff, they are fantastic and upbeat. The prices are absolutely fair considering what you are getting (homegrown, organic, imported, high quality goods). We love gato negro!

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Great atmosphere. Great food & coffee. I had a muffin fresh from the oven and some blueberry pancakes. Good coffee, free refills. The decor is fresh, artsy & lively. Good service. Everything was perfect.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We went here for breakfast and I must say i was disappointed, although the environment is nice. The waiter was unfriendly and the bagel with "sun dried"- tomates had just two slices of normal tomatoes. All in all we were still hungry after the breakfast... and the prices were really high for Nicaragua! I recommend you to go to the nearby Cafe Barrio, which had a way better breakfast that was filling and has nice waiters!

5  Thank Antonia S
ElGatoNegroSJDS, Owner at El Gato Negro, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

How is an owner supposed to respond and stay within TripAdvisor guidelines when a review trashes one business and extolls the virtues of another in the same review?

To clarify, you gave our restaurant a bad review and used the space to promote another business, yet you did not rate the other business. Your profile is from Granada. Why have you not spent the time reviewing all of the wonderful restaurants in your home city? What was it about El Gato Negro - an hour and a half from Granada - that made you decide to write one TripAdvisor review and use it to promote another business?