“Enjoyed this school immensely”

Latin American Spanish School
More attraction details
Owner description: Latin American Spanish School is a non profit company, the owners are teachers from San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua with more than 13 years of teaching Spanish like second language. We offer many different courses for all levels, beginner to advanced, and special courses for professionals, travelers, investors, children and more. Come and learn Spanish living like a Nicaraguan people in a nica-families, knowing and living our culture affected for many years for the U.S.A policy!
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I enjoyed 10 weeks of Spanish lessons in early 2014 at Latin American Spanish School. They are very professional, reasonably priced and fun. My teacher was Mariel. She has over 10 years of experience teaching Spanish and knows how to make class fun as she is laid back and quick with a smile or laugh. Her English is very good but do not ask her to pronounce my name Scott :-)

4  Thank Scott J
There are newer reviews for Latin American Spanish School

Reviewed 29 March 2014

The week was tailored to my specific needs & being 1-1 was at exactly the right pace. The tutors are lovely & not only teach you Spanish, but about Nicaraguan life & culture. It was definitely the best language experience I've had. Big thanks to Lucia & the gang.

4  Thank ourfeedback
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This school is great, very helpful with flexible learning hours to suit your holiday or travel plans.
Our teacher's name was Mariel, very nice and helped us with numerous things out of school.

4  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I studied at this spanish school in the beautiful village of San Juan Del Sur for a month and also did their home-stay program.....both were fantastic, i had arranged over the internet with Mariel, who was great and very responsive, and when i arrived i couldn't find my hotel and so called in at the school and was welcomed with open arms, it was lovely, My profesora Vanessa was AMAZING, the patience of a saint, and made my learning experience, i learned more than i ever imagined possible in 4 weeks, i now live in south america and can get along fine in daily life. I had never studied spanish before.

I Can not recommend this school highly enough, professional, organized and great learning atmosphere, also the homestay was a great way to learn about Nicaraguan culture and food......Continúe el buen trabajo muchachas :)

3  Thank BenS-Lord
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Our family of four (kids ages 8 & 10) took lessons with LASS this month and the experience overall was positive. We found that the teachers were approachable and willing to work with us and our varying needs and preferences. While we all made progress, I was a bit disappointed by the amount of time that was spent by the teachers writing down basic words/sentences or creating activities by hand (i.e.word search, drawing pictures of words, etc.) for us. I believe that the time would be better spent actually practicing the pronunciation and learning the grammar of the language rather than watching them draw/write as that type of information could easily be reproduced from a master document. The discussions about Nicaraguan history and politics were very enlightening and educational for us adults. Overall I would recommend LASS.

7  Thank CAFAM