“Great service, nice location and a good night's sleep”
Review of Barrio Cafe Hotel

Barrio Cafe Hotel
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in San Juan del Sur
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I was eating breakfast in this hotel one morning, not thrilled with my current hostel, and I randomly asked the waiter how much it was for a private room. When I found out the price was reasonable, I immediately switched to this hotel and wasn't disappointed. The service was incredible - both in the restaurant and at the front desk. The women at the front desk actually spent about 30 minutes scanning some documents for me for free, going well beyond their job description. The air conditioning was strong, the water pressure in the shower was, too. And, like others have said, it's surprising quiet at night considering its location in the middle of town, just a block from the beach. I would definitely return here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Barrio Cafe Hotel

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had a great stay at this hotel. The customer service was really good. We had problems with the hot water in the shower and the wifi but we reported them and they were fixed promptly. It is only 2 blocks from the beach and had a great restaurant. I was concerned there would be a lot of noise in our room because it was close to the restaurant but it didn't bother us at all. It had all of the amenities: hot water, wifi in rooms, cable TV, and air conditioning for only $55. Since it wasn't the high season I decided not to make a reservation beforehand and we looked around a bit before choosing this hotel and it was a great decision. We would stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This place was pretty nice. The air conditioning was especially nice after traveling two months without. It has breakfast in the hotel, which is also nice. It's a close walk to the beach and is in the center of the city.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Pros:
Amazing location, above average facilities for the area, very comfortable, I would recommend it.

Cons:
We had no wifi in our room.
They cleaned our room even thought we had left the "do not disturb" sign out (nothing was missing).

Room Tip: Rooms in the first floor are just in front of the bar/restaurant so it can be noisy. Room  #1 is in...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

My gf and I stayed here for 5 nights in April. The reception staff were exceptionally friendly. It has a great location for the nightlife, but you could sleep in cause the rooms were away from the noise. The restaurant was a bit pricey but the food was worth it.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Hotel Azul San Juan it's a great place that you have to visit. It's my second time that I had the pleasure to visit San Juan and stayed at this hotel. All the people there are friendly, the bedrooms are really clean, great service, fantastic food, it's near the bus station. I'm willing yo have the same chance to visit San Juan and stay at this great hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My 13 year old son and I just spent 2 nights at his hotel. It was our 2nd time in San Juan del Sur, and our first time at this hotel. The hotel and the adjoining restaurant were both wonderful. The room was very comfortable, and the food and service were both fantastic! Wé'll be back in San Juan del Sur in September, and we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family