“Great times we're had by all”

San Juan del Sur Surf and Sport
More attraction details
Owner description: San Juan del Sur Surf and Sport is your adventure center in town. They can offer a variety of activities for all levels of adrenaline. They have over 20 different activities to choose from. Surfing, Fishing, coastal cruises, surfing lessons and turtle tours to name a few. All you need for a great vacation. Informative and Friendly staff with top of the line boats and equipment. English,Portuguese,French and Spanish spoken.
Reviewed 2 May 2014

My friends and I did the booze cruise I'm the recommendation of Baba at Buena Onda where we stayed. We had such a great time we ended up booking surf lessons for the next day and came back and did the booze cruise when our other friends got into town! Everyone that works there is really friendly and wants nothing more than for you to enjoy yourself. San Juan is a pretty small place and every time we walked by the storefront there were waves and high fives for everyone!

1  Thank Justthej

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Dario and the guys run a really fun booze cruise for only $20. We chose this over the fishing trip and still caught a big mackerel. They keep the rum flowing and ensure your cup is never empty. Met some fun people on the boat too. We liked it so much we did it twice, and we're not even alcoholics!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

My friends and I first met these guys while walking around town our first day in SJDS, and from from the moment we started talking with them we liked all that worked here. We booked an all day fishing trip with them and had a blast. Dario and Dorian were great people and hard working guys. Dorian cut up one of the tunas we caught on the boat right in front of us and added a few spices and sauces and made us some great sushi. We caught two tunas within the first 5min of trolling and then a lot more throughout our trip. We had a blast with the crew and employees of the shop are top notch. Even days after our adventure with them they would always say hi and shake hands everytime we saw them in town. Great group of people. Thanks again Dario, Dorian and Louis.

1  Thank Zink3535
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a great
Time on the booze cruise. Pedro was such a great host and very friendly. We had such a good time, were doing surfing lessons with him tomorrow! Cheers to Pedro! Highly recommend if you're trying to explore San Juan!

Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Soya gives a very thorough surf lesson at a great price. First off, the price includes the ride to and from the beach is inside Norberto's SUV (there are other beach shuttles that make you ride in the back of a pickup). Norberto is a friendly and easy going local who will stop the truck and let you out if you want to take a pic of a monkey-which goes a long way in my book. Plus, if you're staying in town, he'll drop you off at your hotel.

Surf lesson- Soya starts the instruction out on land and you get a chance to perfect your stand up technique on a practice surfboard before you hit the water. Once you have that down, you head out into the chest high water and practice standing up in the whitewater (which is ideal for beginners). He gives individual help to anyone who needs it, and he had the majority of my class standing on the board by the end of the lesson (I also saw him give a private lesson to a novice and he had her standing consistently). He'll tailor his lesson if you're more than a beginner surfer. You'll be pretty tired after your lesson, but he'll let you use a surfboard and rash guard if you want to go out again in the afternoon. On top of that, Soya is probably the nicest guy that I met during my visit in San Juan del Sur.

Dario and San Juan del Sur Surf and Sport did surf lessons, a fishing trip, and an ATV ride for our group and everyone had a very memorable time-no bs-his trips were the highlights. These guys do everything right at a good price.