“A first rate massage in the most unlikely of places at a great price”
Review of Spa del Sur - CLOSED

Spa del Sur
More attraction details
Owner description: Spa del Sur is San Juan del Sur's finest full service day spa. We offer many styles of massage therapy, manicures, pedicures, facials, waxing, body scrubs, etc. Our services are very reasonably priced, and the quality and value of the experience you will have far outweighs the cost. All of our services are provided by highly skilled spa specialists with extensive North American and Nicaraguan training and experience.
Reviewed 17 January 2011

My wife and I got two massages each over three days. The price was great, the massages were great, and the couple the runs the place were very friendly. Even to the point of helping us book other excursions during our stay in San Juan del Sur. My wife and I get a lot of massages in the states and would compare the level of training and technique to any of the places we have lived and gotten massage (DC, Philadelphia, Santa Fe).

There are some downsides to getting a massage in SJDS, but they were out of the control of the owners. For example, folks in SJDS love to set off firecrackers. So you may hear noise during your massage. The same goes for roosters.

If we had stayed three more days, we would have gotten three more massages each.

Reviewed 10 January 2011

I spent several months in San Juan del Sur in 2010, and frequented Spa del Sur at least 6-7 times during that period. It is a beautiful, clean open space that is run by a wonderful couple from North America, with everything up to North American spa standards. I had several massages at Spa del Sur, mostly with Kai, who is absolutely fantastic and incorporates many different massage techniques into one relaxing and tension easing session. The prices are very reasonable (and cheap compared to Spa/massage prices in North America!). This spa offers much more than massages, but I would highly recommend a massage by Kai to anyone visiting San Juan del Sur - one of the best treasures found in this little town!

Reviewed 4 December 2010

A massage with Kai certainly relaxed me before my 24 hour journey to return to the UK. He offers a very professional service and undertakes a detailed consultation with clients in advance of the massage so that he can take on board any personal requests and help guage the intensity of the treatment. Throughout the procedure he would check that I was comfortable. The location of the spa is away from the centre of San Juan (altough within easy walking distance) and benefits from the calm, quiet local residential atmosphere

1  Thank peterh125
LivingAlohaNicaragua, Owner at Spa del Sur, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2010

Thanks for the great feedback! It was wonderful meeting and working with you!

Reviewed 29 November 2010

Never envisioned I would write something quite so esoteric, but i would characterize Kai as a healer. He is one of those rare 'real deals' that listens to what ails, finds the root of the issue and then works it out. Literally.

I have been fortunate to get massages from some of the best therapists in the world, and Kai is in top three.

No joke - we are dipping into Costa Rica for a week, and I was considering if there was a way to fly out of Managua instead of what is current scheduled (San Jose) just so we could get a departure massage from Kai at the end of our trip.

Crazy talk, yes. But true.

Do yourself a favor and get your twisted body over to Spa del Sur.

1  Thank sculty

Wow, what a flattering review! We really appreciate it! It was so nice to meet you both and we hope to see you again!

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 October 2010

I absolutely LOVE the Spa del Sur. I was in San Juan del Sur for four months, and during that time I got 5 massages from Spa del Sur: four paid and one FREE!!! Each of the masseuses (Kai, Elena, and Valeria) worked wonders. If only I could bring them back to the states with me! I recommend Spa del Sur to anyone and everyone who is looking to relax. They will take great care of you!!

1  Thank laurennoni
LivingAlohaNicaragua, Owner at Spa del Sur, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2010

Lauren, it was truly a pleasure working with you during your extended stay here in SJdS! Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We really look forward to your next visit!