“Great fun, beautiful beaches”

Rancho Chilamate Adventures on Horseback
More attraction details
Owner description: Rancho Chilamate offers guided horseback rides for adventurous travelers looking to get up close and personal with Nicaragua. The ride leaves from the ranch through the local community, into open fields and over hilltops for spectacular views, crossing the river several times for excellent wildlife viewing (almost guaranteed to see monkeys) and then to the secluded beach for a refreshment break and more riding adrenalin.This solar-powered private ranch caters to smaller, more intimate groups to ensure only the best of service. Let's Ride!
Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great fun, beautiful beaches”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The ranch is amazing, and the staff are exceptionally friendly. the horses are also very friendly and will take you to some of the most beautiful parts of Nicaragua.

Los Angeles, California
“Not One Bad Thing!”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This was an amazing riding experience, I got every single thing I came for and more. Wonderful, friendly, knowledgeable guides, an AWESOME horse, treats to eat and drink and an empty beach to frolic on. It was the perfect day.

Visited June 2014
Toronto, Canada
“An amazing destination vacation !”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

From the time the plane landed in Managua my daughter and I were in the hands of professionals. Blue and her team helped organize not only once in a lifetime trail rides on the beach but it was a full package holiday. Boutique hotel accommodations and service - western/nica style! From the car service/pick up at the airport - which they helped me organize, - everything was seamless and friendly even at 11:30pm when our plane landed. I was a bit nervous never having been to Nica and my Spanish is terrible - but no need to fear. On the advice of a good friend, my daughter and I met our friends down there and it was a four girl vacation. Safe fun - giddy up.
The rooms by the dipping pool were inviting anytime of day, the breeze was constant and the howler monkeys were my morning alarm. My day consisted of a early run with her dogs - but not before Mama Alicia made coffee! (Great coffee by the way - a mark of any fine establishment) Apres run, I had time for a dip in the pool before the 'dinner bell' went in the kitchen calling us to a nica breakfast of eggs, beans tortillas - different breakfast each day. Some days, we had access to Blue's '92 jeep to explore the surrounding beaches to check out turtles, great beer, or just to explore the villages and the town of San Juan del Sur. We really enjoyed her outdoor living room to read, nap, drink and dip in pool - not necessarily in that order - we switched it up each day to make it interesting. Dinners did not disappoint - Spooner is a great chef and each evening was spent swapping stories of the day and listening to great music. The horseback ride(s) - we took two over the course of the time spent there, were everything everyone else has said here in these reviews - amazing. My daughter who has been riding for the past 6 years said it was the best day of her life - and that's saying something. I had only ever ridden a horse once and never galloped so I was bit nervous - but the photos tell a different story. Kate and Spooner made us all feel comfortable. Sadly, there was a full moon on the one night, the last night of our stay, we wanted to go see the turtles but its not safe for them to come ashore to nest - smart turtles, dumb tourists - this only means that I am coming back with my family to knock this off my life's to do list. I highly recommend Chilamate as a vacation destination for family and friends. Simone and Chloe

Toronto, Canada
“Lifelong wish has been granted!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have always loved horses from the time I was a little girl. To be able to ride a beautiful horse in a country other than Canada is a gift. BUT to experience the ride I experienced last evening is something I will remember till the day I die!!! This special place is run by very special people, and managed by a magical spiritual lady named Blue! My horse named Mr. Colorado ( I called him Mr. C. for short) was this majestic gelding reddish brown in colour, and full of personality! The ride through the fields,into the forest was amazing,but the one part that brought tears to my eyes was when we got to the beach and were told....."ok time to play" With Blue taking photographs of us we were able to gallop on the beach along the Pacific Ocean! I felt one with Mr. C. as we just galloped. Feeling free and like I was soaring we galloped! It's been a dream to be able to gallop on a horse along an ocean for as long as I can remember er and Blue made it happen!

This Ranch is superbly run with love and respect for animals that reside there. Part of the cost goes back to the immediate community and that I support and respect!

For those wanting a special riding experience here in Nicaragua I HIGHLY recommend Rancho Chilamante! It truly doesn't get any better than this!

Vancouver, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Amazing!! Bucket list experience!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Absolutely amazing place!! Picturesque scenery, warm and friendly people, great vibe, cozy & very clean accommodations, happy healthy horses! Beautiful.

We are already planning out next trip to Rancho Cilamate!