“Is ok”
Review of El Timon

El Timon
Price range: US$8 - US$18
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This is the largest and one of the oldest restaurants in San Juan del Sur. It is the most popular restaurant serving traditional Nicaraguan beach fare. Located right on the beach! Full service, full bar. Fabulous sunsets!
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I went to this place thinking i would have the best conchas negra cocktail well the conch seemed just to be defrozen and although they gave it a little twist on the flavor it was not the tradional taste which i was hoping for. I also had the shrimp that turned out to be very good.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

I went to the El Timon restaurant with some friends on a trip to San Juan Del Sur. I have been to the town several times, but this was the first time I ate at this restaurant. It is a great location, right on the beach so you can eat, drink, and relax for as long as you want. The service was fantastic, our waiter was always walking by and picking up empty dishes as we finished items and brought us drinks quickly. The food was some of the best I have ever had. We shared a platter of seafood and ordered two other sides for four people. The ceviche was delicious, the clams were small but the broth was the best I ever had. We also had super fresh breaded Mahi Mahi, and the Octopus was outstanding. Grilled shrimp, cheese, and all the other side dishes that came with our food was amazing. The portions were so large, four more people could have ate as well. I will definitely go back again. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I had the fried plantains with cheese and a piña colada one night. Then, my friend Dany suggested the carpaccio, which I tried with a michelada. It deserves a standing ovation! The waiters are all nice here too. I think I ate there four or five times on my trip.

1  Thank Brittany H
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The seafood here is fantastic! My boyfriend and I split the grilled seafood platter, and it was too much for us to eat, however it was absolutely incredible! The staff is very friendly, and the restaurant itself is very nice. It is located (literally) on the beach and is one of the oldest restaurants in SJDL. You must check this place out! The prices are great also :)

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Loved this place- amazing seafood and great atmosphere, this is one of the original places on the water, the grilled platter is more than enough for 3 people, my gf and I barely ate half of it. Super friendly and hospital people. A+++++

1  Thank Jose C