“Very nice place to eat”
Review of Restaurante Vivian

Restaurante Vivian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Open since 1980, Vivian Restaurant offers visitors the port of San Juan del Sur a selected menu of seafood cuisine of good taste and quality. Mrs. Vivian and her son, are the soul that guarantee customers good service and attention that Vivian Restaurant offers.
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

A very nice place to grab a meal. We ate at lunch and they had a live band. Has a very good atmosphere and friendly staff. Overlooks the ocean. Overall would recommend.

1  Thank DiL5

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The bar its self isn't all that special but the guys working there are really cool. Don't get me wrong its a great location and the happy hour is super sweet for getting drunk but there are many places to choose from that are about the same. The thing that we really like was the people there. I definitely want to give a huge shout out to John. He gave us a Nica experience that we could have never had on our own. He took us around not only around SJDS but several times out to Rivas and San Jorge. A true asset to the bar and all around great dude. Thanks John!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Had dinner at this beachside restaurant as we watched the sun sink into the sea. The pina coladas were creamy and delicious, and my son loved the non-alcoholic version too. The ceviche of fish, lobster and shrimp was one of the best I've ever had, and then we had the fresh lobster for the main course. Yum! The service was professional and the views of the setting sun over the beach and the sea were priceless. Best meal of our trip in Nicaragua.

1  Thank rbyrnes3
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Just had dinner here with my family this evening and had an excellent experience! We had the mixed seafood ceviche which was full of flavour and definitely fills any craving for fresh coastal food. Amazing view and WONDERFUL friendly staff.

1  Thank ae_riediger
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

I ordered a whole fried fish for about $12 (pricey even for SJDS) but I would not have minded if the taste was there. Sadly, the fish had no flavor. I had to ask for lots of extra lime. Wife had lobster ceviche but it was also lacking lime juice. She asked for it and they brought what tasted like margarita mix. That explains the sweet flavor of the ceviche. The actual margarita glasses were so tiny I finished mine in 2 sips. The time it took to get our food was also too long seeing as how the place was not crowded on a Monday at 8pm. The 2 stars are for the excellent wait service and location.