We stayed at La Terrazza for our entire week long (plus) stay in and around San Juan del Sur, after finding it highly ranked and excellently priced on HostelWorld. Right away it stood out from the rest as it was smaller, provided a lounge area on both floors and had well orientated balconies (hence the name La Terrazza - "The Terrace").
All that was promised, was delivered. On top of all that DeWitt, who is currently managing the hotel for its owners, was a top bloke and made us feel right at home with the rest of the foreign community in San Juan del Sur.
The HUGE pluses:
* Only three rooms per floor.
* Only 6 rooms total.
* Each three room floor shares a holiday apartment styled full function kitchen, small dining space, lounge TV area and of course a terrace equipped with a huge comfy hammock.
* One of the rooms on each floor has a private bathroom attached and a/c (for only a little more money).
* The other two rooms on each floor share a big, clean and modern bathroom.
* The likelihood is that if they are not full, you will get a whole bathroom to use by yourselves anyway!
* There are ceiling fans everywhere, much needed in a hot place like this.
* The roof terrace is open to guests and boasts the best sunset views over San Juan del Sur, out to the sea and over to the Jesus statue headland.
The small minuses:
* Too many keys, two locks on each door for three doors...this gets annoying.
* If it rains it can get into the room through the windows, so think twice before leaving them open for the whole day.
* It gets noisy, nothing to do with the hotel or its guests (which all turned out to be lovely like-minded individuals) , its just the way San Juan del Sur is...the central park is near, the main church is near and people love advertising using loudspeakers.
All in all, the best deal for this kind of money in all of San Juan del Sur!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Terraza Condominiums consist of full apartments with 2-3 bedrooms and 1-2 bathrooms. Some offer ocean view, a/c, balcony. All offer full kitchen, comfortable living area, hammock, access to our breezy rooftop terrace with an amazing 360 degree view of the town of San Juan del Sur, its surrounding hillsides, and the San Juan bay and Pacific coastline. Prices vary from budget to mid range. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- La Terraza Guest House Hotel San Juan Del Sur