Naked Tiger Hostel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel & Resort Palermo(San Juan del Sur)
View Hotel
Pelican Eyes Resort & Spa(San Juan del Sur)
View Hotel
Surf Ranch Hotel & Resort(San Juan del Sur)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel La Dolce Vita(San Juan del Sur)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Gran Oceano(San Juan del Sur)
View Hotel
Hotel Alcazar(San Juan del Sur)
View Hotel
Barrio Cafe Hotel(San Juan del Sur)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Encanto del Sur(San Juan del Sur)
View Hotel
Hotel Casablanca(San Juan del Sur)
  • Breakfast included
Rositas Hotel(San Juan del Sur)
  • Restaurant
All reviewscentral americasan juanfree beerlet looseparty party partyhalf pricehave a good timeabsolute legendspool crawlgood vibesbeer pongin towngreat partybooze cruisefun atmosphereawesome viewswatch the sunset
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I loved Naked Tiger!!! My boyfriend and I planned to stay there one night and ended up staying for a whole week! The staff is amazing! They are helpful, considerate and fun! The atmosphere is chill during the day and sometimes crazy and super fun at night! Sunday Funday is a must! Overall, Naked Tiger is a great place to stay to meet other cool travellers and have a good time. The accommodations are clean and simple with storage under the bunks to lock your stuff, if you want. There are plenty of bathrooms for all the guests, including showers. I would highly recommend this hostel for any traveller. We chilled out by the pool during the day and at night we either went into town, via free shuttles every two hours, or we stayed at the hostel and had a great time! Such a great vibe, I want to go back!

Room Tip: They only have bunks available. There are no private rooms at this hostel.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2013

To be honest I was severely concerned that it would be like project X with drunk passed out people everywhere, vomit, gnomes filled with coke (if you've seen the movie you can catch my drift). We heard about the Tiger from someone in Jaco during our first weekend in Costa Rica (which was 2 months ago), so we have been planning this trip for quite some time. The Tiger and SJDS was very hyped up, so I was pleasantly surprised when it not only met, but exceeded my expectations.

It was incredibly clean with a beautiful patio/pool area with an INCREDIBLE VIEW. The staff was super friendly and helpful (contrary to other reviews about their snobbiness). There were people from all over the world staying there and they were all very friendly. They had spacious lockers to put our stuff.. but even if they didn't have them I would be surprised if someone there would steal my stuff.. they were all so friendly and trustworthy. The food that was available in the restaurant was delicious and pretty inexpensive.

The Sunday Funday pool crawl was THE S***. It was very well organized and it was hands down the best party my friends and I had ever experienced. I did not see a single person puke (which I am still mulling over how that was even possible). Since we were staying at the tiger and it was the 2nd stop of the pool crawl I was worried that it would be TRASHED.. including the dorm rooms/guest areas.. but not at all. The bathrooms weren't spotless by any means but I was not squatting in the bushes like I thought I would have to be doing.

Overall, we had a BLAST. We were able to relax when we wanted to.. and we were definitely partying hard when we wanted to. I would highly recommend The Naked Tiger to my fellow travelers.

Party on you crazy tigers!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank EmFranks
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The best hostel I've ever been to.

Everything works--the shuttles, the tours, the utilities... the staff is highly considerate and helpful, which is unbelievable considering how many people actually come through.

The lounging area and the sliding glass doors to the dorm overlooks to the West, where the sun sets over the Pacific Ocean every day, and is extraordinary. You'll wake up to the prettiest view you'd ever seen on your travels.

I can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Get the standard dorms for the view, or get the hammock/couch just to throw your stuff in a locker and pass out anywhere.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RhettJames
Reviewed 22 October 2013

The naked tiger is a one of a kind hostel- I've never in my entire traveling experience come across another place that can even compare. I heard about it when I was traveling in the northern part of Central America, everyone saying it was the sickest place in San Juan. The hostel sits on top of a huge hill with the most amazing view. If anyone's been to zephyr lodge in lanquin, Guate the view is comparable. It's super spacious with so many common areas both upstairs and downstairs to chill out, a hammock area, and a sweet little dining area to eat looking out at the view. The group I was traveling w ate every meal there just because it was so beautiful. The staff members are always prepared to party- bringing so much energy to the guests to get them pumped up...Sunday fundays are a MUST do! I rocked up to San Juan thinking I'd stay about a week and got so sucked into the ridiculous vortex of Tiger Town that I still didn't want to leave 8 weeks later. I got so close w the staff and the owners- they are by far the coolest and chilliest group of people I've ever met. Honestly- these bad reviews about them are written by stick up their a** people who complain about having sand everywhere after a day at the beach. People who complain about the cleanliness of a hostel make me laugh. I've stayed in actual DUMPS before and this place is the closest you'll get to the ritz Carlton while backpacking. Sorry to anyone If I've offended your Louis Vuitton backpack. San Juan is purely magical, and probably one of my most favorite spots of anywhere on the globe. Naked tiger has for sure stolen my heart and I'm not quite sure ill ever find another hostel quite like it! I can't wait til I find myself back there one day! Til then, keep up the dance parties, epic slip n slides, and beer funnel challenges. Hope to see ya soon ya crazy tigers :)

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Hewittgirl88
Reviewed 16 October 2013

so I stayed here with two friends however left the next day due to the rudest staff. We checked in and were told by the owner to "wait a while, weve had a rough night...and today is a monday so deal". I was appalled at the state of the place itself. I know its a party place but the rooms and common areas were pretty nasty...especially the pool. Dont even wanna know what was floating around in there. The staff acted like a snobby club who only let the cool kids in when they felt like socializing. Oh and you can tell what the guy staff members wanted from the get go. I felt like a peice of meat. Anyways we enjoyed the rest of our time at casa de olas, a chill australian run place next door. Tip to the staff of naked tiger: lay off the coke, sniff sniff.

• Stayed: June 2013