“Location and value.”

Ranked #27 of 27 Hotels in San Juan del Sur
Piedmont North Carolina
“Location and value.”
Reviewed 26 November 2011

I know I swore that I would never go back to San Juan del Sur, but I accompanied a friend who assured me some things had changed since my last visit about 5 years ago. The road from Rivas is now paved, so travel time is cut in half. The town is much cleaner. There are some new restaurants that are quite good (Meson Espanol, for example). It is still not a place I would choose to visit. "Vibrant street life"? Really? If you like beer joints, old hippies (and young hippie wannabes), backpackers, etc., then I suppose you will find this perfect. It's just not my "scene".
As for this hotel, I have no complaints and it is far superior to the one I stayed in previously and actually priced lower. The reviews here are also accurate with regards to location, views, comfort, staff, breakfast, price, air-conditioning, hot water, etc.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have two balconies (or wrap-around) if you like to watch what's going on in the str...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank phil2u

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 3 October 2011

I did my reservation online and it was very safe and easy to do! they have shuttle service to the airport for a low cost so that was a plus, once I got there, I found a very nice service from the front desk clerk and the personnel, the rooms are very clean and they have a very good breakfast in the restaurant that it's already included on the rate! I pretty much like the place, it;s just in the middle of the main attractions!

Room Tip: Rooms on the ocean front have the best views.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Katia M
Reviewed 28 May 2011

This place has excellent value. Breakfast is included at a restaurant across the road. our room was huge and with a double balcony overlooking the sunsets, beach and vibrant SJDS strip. The room is super clean - the cleaner actually moves the bed to sweep and mop under it. There's hot water. There is a tv with loads of chanels. The bed is big and comfy. They will do laundry. The staff is super friendly and helpful. We enjoyed ourselves very much!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Yvonnkers
Reviewed 26 May 2011

We got this hotel after selecting a bad hotel the first night. We stayed here 4 nights as we enjoyed it so much. We felt spoiled with the top floor, corner unit with wrap around balcony overlooking the beach!

Air conditioning worked well, but the ocean breeze through both balconies was great as well! Bed was a Kingsize and super comfortable. It was super clean which was very nice. The lady who cleaned went out of her way to do a great job!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included at a restaurant in the beach across the street which was also good. You get your choice of meals.

The location is perfect! Right in the centre of everything across the street from the beach!! We have nothing negative to say about our room and experience.

• Stayed May 2011