“Yajure Surf Hostel - A+”
Review of Yajure Surf Hostel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Yajure Surf Hostel
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Two friends and I (all in our early 20's) traveled to Nicaragua on a whim from Costa Rica and couldn't be more thrilled with our decision to stay at Yajure. We stayed in a private room that was clean and cleaned every day, and the amenities offered by Yajure are awesome. The front of the hostel is open air, half covered by the second floor and half exposed to the sun, and there are hammocks everywhere for you to lounge around in as well as a big pool to swim in and a ping pong table. There's a huge, sturdy table that most of the guests ate at which made the hostel really social and brought it to life at night when everyone was pregaming to go out. They also have this system where you can get drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) from the hostel and just put it on your tab to pay at the end, which is incredibly convenient. As for going out, the hostel is a 5-10m walk to everything which which we liked, and it's worth noting that it's a stones throw from the beach during the day.

The people who worked at Yajure were also amazing. Chely, was super chill and so accommodating that he even drove my friends and I to Managua at 4:00am to catch a flight. Oscar helped us organize a surf shuttle every day, and Sean might as well have been our tour guide--he told us where to eat, where to go out, and what to do during the day. He was the man and very helpful. Overall Yajure rocks and I'd highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed at Yajure for 4 nights. The place itself it great, it is spacious, has a pool, ping-pong table, and a nice lounging area outside. The hostel was close to town and right next to the beach. The atmosphere and the owner were really nice as well. However, make sure you bring earplugs, it can get loud due to a club that is close by.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Yajure hostel is by far the best hostel I have stayed at. There are great amenities such as the pool, ping pong table, slack line, well equipped kitchen, a big screen tv for movie nights, perfect chill spots, as well as a bar and surf shop that were being built at the time I was there. Of course the location of being right on the beach is yet another draw!
The vibe at Yajure is down to earth, friendly and always clean and well kept, so as soon as you walk in you will feel most comfortable and welcomed!
Chely, the owner, is a wonderful man who always goes the extra mile to ensure your stay is a happy one! He will arrange anything for you, from day trips, transfers, surf lessons and not to mention his legendary dinner nights!
Highly recommended. I will definitely return one day!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed for two nights in a dorm. The hostel was very chilled out, not a party hostel but there was a nice social scene.
Dorms were large and the hostel had a really nice pool.
Breakfast was basic, just toast and jam.
The location was fine, only a couple of minutes to all the restaurants.
The toilets were slight dirty and the toilet kept blocking, but they were cleaned daily.
Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 18 November 2013

My group really didn't enjoy our stay here. My boyfriend and I stayed in a private room at the back of the hostel that was really dirty. My other friends stayed in a dorm; the sheets was dirty and their air conditioning didn't work. The common areas are actually really nice, with lots of couches and a ping-pong table. The location is a 5-10 minute walk to town which is good in the daylight but apparently there are muggings on the dark stretch of road at night. The staff were all a bit strange and the owner was really rude to my friend. We planned to stay 2 nights but got out of there as fast as we could after the first.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank ElleC67
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This place is a fantastic hostel with nice grounds, great pool, right on the beach and the house is fantastic. It's great to be at the party, but when it comes time to sleep this is about the best choice of places to stay. Chaley the owner was super friendly and nice to talk to. Oscars the man, though he'll play lots of tricks on you, all in good fun! Oswaldo the night guard is a great kid too! Of the 2 places we stayed in San Juan, and the many we visited, this was by far the best of them all! Thank you guys for the wonderful stay, I look forward to the next time I am in San Juan del sur, and get to stay here again.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This location is a secure gated environment that is located walking distance to the market. The kitchen, laundry service, pool, and dorms are excellent, clean, and in great shape. The atmosphere is awesome and my experience there was unforgettable. I recommend this hostel for travelers, surfers, families, and anyone who is looking for a cultural immersion in Nicaragua. I will be back soon!

Room Tip: The dorm rooms are air-conditioned well. The upstairs' rooms have a great view of the San Juan b...