“Blah”

Cuisines: American, Central American, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Went on a Monday with my wife. Both of us ordered fish. My wife the fried tilapia and i had fish fillet with the white sauce. Both were bad. Mine was overcooked, tough and tasteless. The tilapia was a little better, but not by much. When we received the bill it included 2 extra drinks we had not ordered. The waiter said he gave us the wrong bill, but everything else on the bill was exactly as we had ordered. We should have known to go somewhere else when we saw there were only a few people there eating while most of the other restaurants were full.

1  Thank Tjh67

Reviewed 20 February 2013

The restaurant is located right at the beach and it is a good eating option in San Juan. Service was good as well as the food. We had a soup with seafood which was delicious and pasta with shrimps, which could have had a few more shrimps on the plate. All in all a regular place but compared to some other places on the San Juan beach strip you get a good value for your money.

Reviewed 4 February 2013

It's a lot like the other restaurants on the same strip, but the food was good. As is with most places in San Juan del Sur, the service is slow and the food is even slower. But it's a good deal, good food, and great location.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

I ordered the lobster and shrimps plate, and I got 2 cubic centimeters of lobster, 3 shrimps and an handful of rice and potatoes. With two glass of wine, the bill was 18 Us dollars, which is far higher than the prices in the menu and anyway outrageous. I had to go to have another dinner somewhere else, because I was starving.

Reviewed 11 December 2012

We have been going to Josseline's for over 10 years, and its always delicious. They have many menu items that are hard to find at other beachside restaurants - lobster ceviche and grilled octopus are a couple examples. The location is convenient and there a plenty of beachside tables; the toys for children are a nice way to pass time while waiting for food. We usually go with a large group, and they are remarkably adept at serving all 20 of us at the same time. All of this is great...but during our last visit they topped it all. We at lunch there one day and I left my debit card behind after paying the bill. I didn't realize until later that night, when we were back at our house quite a ways from town and without a phone. We went back first thing in the morning, and before we even got to the payment station the woman working there looked up and recognized us. She asked me if I had got her message. As it turns out, they had recognized my card as debit card, and knew how critical that was for a tourist. She looked me up on Facebook, and sent me a message letting me know I'd left my card, and had further found a "Friend" we had in common and messaged her, to ask her to contact me and let me know they had my card. So amazing! I was totally impressed with the honesty and ingenuity, and will definately remain a loyal Josseline's customer.

1  Thank CarrieV3