“Highlight of my trip!”
Review of Nica Sail and Surf

Nica Sail and Surf
Reviewed 19 June 2014

A must do for anyone visiting! Jaime has a great crew that made the best mai tai's and ceviche! Be prepared to swim to a great private beach and soak in the best sunset you have ever seen. It was the perfect way to spend our last day there!

1  Thank shibani c

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were in San Juan for a surf camp and decided to do the sailing trip one afternoon. It really was the best activity we could have picked, everything was just amazing! From the mai-tai we were given the moment we boarded to the beautiful boat and staff, everything was just perfect. I highly recommend that everyone that goes to San Juan give this a shot, it was such an awesome way to spend an afternoon. Jamie and the rest of the crew are the absolute sweetest and nicest group, they go out of their way to accommodate the guests and make sure that you have a great time. Recommending this sail boat is a no-brainer for me!

1  Thank mgingrich
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

I couldn't have asked for a better boat trip because what seemed like a impossible trip actually turned out to be the best trip I could have ever imagined. The day started horrible, everybody in our group overslept and was hungover which caused everyone to run late - super late to the boat trip that was schedule to leave at 1pm . To make matters worse we were about 2 hours away and the mobile lines were down so we couldn't even call to alter the staff. Some how some way , I was able to alter them and was able to catch the boat trip even though we delayed everyone else 45mins. Everyone on the boat was super nice , understanding, and welcoming when we first got there. The staff was super attentive and made great conversation with everyone in our group. Drinks and food were amazing. About 2 hours of enjoying the sun my boyfriend of 3 years proposed to me in front of all his family and friends. It was truly amazing. The staff were nothing but gracious when congratulating us. Soon after we all jumped in the ocean and enjoyed the rest of our trip. I have went on this trip twice now on different occasions and both times have been amazing! Great service! I highly recommend this trip!!! Nothing but the best!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Somerset and his crew provided great fun. This is a great half-day trip that should be on your itinerary if you hit SJDS. Endless drinks, a fun swimming stop at a remote beach, and delicious ceviche on the way home. It's super hot in May and the breezes on the boat took all the heat away. I somehow didn't manage to fish although I had planned to - the crew had poles lined up if people wanted to do so. It was a beautiful day ending with a beautiful sunset and new friends made. We ended up going out to dinner with a few people we met that evening and then to Playa del Coco the next day with some others! The crew was very friendly and helpful. I would say this is a must-do on your trip to San Juan.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

I've lived in San Juan del Sur for over a year now, and been coming to the country since 2007. The catamaran tour is hands down one of the best attractions San Juan (and the entire country for that matter) has to offer. You will have the time of your life, I guarantee. As a surfer my priority is of course surfing, but there is nothing more wonderful than a morning filled with surf and an afternoon on the catamaran. The sail is smooth and gorgeous, and once anchored at Playa Blanca you can pick your adventure - from roaming the rocks to frisbee on the beach, shell hunting, games, solitude, or just enjoying your cocktail on a floaty.

And if all you can drink tropical mai tais and a private beach isn't already your definition of heaven on earth...just wait till they bust out the ceviche, pico de gallo and guacamole. Made fresh daily this tropical spread can't be beat! The killer music, great staff, and sail home with the backdrop of a majestic sunset are all icing on the cake. Seriously, you simply can not have a bad time on the Catamaran. No matter who you are, and where you are coming from (solo, with a group, family, young, old, near, far) you will have an excellent time on this lovely tour of the ocean, and leave with a handful of new friends and timeless memories.