“Great massage!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Zen Yoga

Zen Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: Zen Yoga Studio is a stunning two story yoga studio and institute featuring daily yoga classes, hosted Luxury Yoga Retreats, 200Hr Teacher Trainings, and Raw Food Cafe.
San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great massage!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

It took me the whole day to get back out off my state of total relaxation after a massage here. We booked in advance with 3 friends to get a massage at the same time. We all chose different styles and intensities...It was great!!! Only thing to suggest: a curtain might add to privacy.

Visited November 2013
vinyasavanessa, Owner at Zen Yoga, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about us! Glad you ladies had a great experience. We aim to provide a special experience for couples and friends massage! The group massages take place in the open air studio for couples and friends but we do have a private room for those seeking privacy. I will make sure to tell future massage guests of that option. Hope to see you again very soon!

Navarre, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Lovely place to practice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

Zen Yoga Nicaragua is a wonderful little studio. While visiting SJDS I took several classes, all of which were great. Each teacher had their own style of teaching and gave clear instruction. The studio is open air with a nice breeze and has screen to keep the bugs away. I love to visit local yoga studios when traveling and this one was a real treat. Definitely worth a visit if you are in town.

Visited June 2013
vinyasavanessa, Owner at Zen Yoga, responded to this review, 6 July 2013
Thank you for your review of Zen! It means a lot for you to take the time to write this positive review. We were delighted to have you with us for a few classes and hope to see you in the future on your mat.

Many blessings~
Vanessa
“Great Instruction”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

I've passed through SJDS twice and both times made a point to make Zen Yoga part of my morning routine.

I took 4 classes and had 4 different instructors, all were attentive and grounded and helped me with my practice. I've always taken the AM class but their schedule offers classes throughout the day. They have free mats, blocks and straps and offer massage.

The street noise of a Central American town in the background can be distracting but is part of the charm/reality of their convenient location and beautiful open air studio.

Visited April 2013
vinyasavanessa, Owner at Zen Yoga, responded to this review, 4 July 2013
Hey there! Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are glad that you came back again to Zen yoga! If you come back a third time we will try to make your visit a 5 star rating! Many blessings along your way.
Camrose, Canada
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“What a great place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

Thank you Vanessa for everything. You have an incredible business and are so good with everyone. Our last week in SJDS was made by Zen Yoga!

Visited May 2013
vinyasavanessa, Owner at Zen Yoga, responded to this review, 19 May 2013
Thank you! Loved to meet you and lead you in a class. It really is a blessing for me to do what I do and share it with other's. All the teachers at Zen are dedicated to sharing yoga and making your experience in SJDS even more amazing. Until we meet again!
Sacramento, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great place for vinyasa flow in the mornings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

I thought I'd do yoga once or twice while I was in SJDS for a week. I ended up going every day I was there. It was so cool to do yoga in an open studio with the wind blowing through. Every now and then, a cat would come in and join the class too.
The teachers were some of the best I've had anywhere. They were very clear and patient. I was certainly challenged at every class.
There's a small bathroom downstairs if you need it.
There's fresh made fruit juice for sale right after class.
You have to climb a spiral staircase to get to the studio. If you have mobility issues, it might be a problem.
The studio is beautiful though. Hard wood floors and a great view. They have mats there for you to use. Even though there's a cool breeze usually, the morning vinyasa flow classes were very challenging. You work up a sweat so bring a towel or two if you think you'll need them.
The staff were friendly and helpful. I hung out for a few minutes after classes. They had some great suggestions for things to do in and around SJDS as well as around Nicaragua.
Thanks Zen Yoga! I'll be back!

Visited March 2013
vinyasavanessa, Owner at Zen Yoga, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Thanks for your message! We were very happy to have you practice with us and we hope you return soon! Keep up your practice and be well! Namaste