“.Excellent beach, but a poor services from the staff”

Playa Hermosa Surf Camp
More attraction details
Owner description: Come enjoy the beach where Survivor Nicaragua was filmed in 2010. We have 3km of virgin white sand beaches. Great surfing, swimming, tide pooling, and we have horses ready to run you up and down the sand. Shuttles from town (SJDS) are available, and we have a beach bar/restaurant and hotel if you want to spend some quality time relaxing on the beach...
New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“.Excellent beach, but a poor services from the staff”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I went to Playa Hermosa beach this last month with my sweetheart. The beach is the best of the area, good food, environment. But what i found poor was the services offed by the staff. The services themselves are good. However, Staff needs better customer care. I have heard that sometimes, somebody booked something, but at the end they received less of what they expected. I got transport. It looked like a chicken buss, They do not only carry passenger, but also things to the beach, ice, gas, food, fish, etc.

I recommend Playa Hermosa, But do be careful with the services and scheduled activities.

Adios

Bozeman, Montana
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Get Saul”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

If you have a kid, you won't do better than Saul as your coach. He worked tirelessly with our soon, and in lesson two, he rode a wave in.

Visited March 2014
Austin, Texas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great beach, super chill!”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Don't waste any time getting to Playa Hermosa. This beach came highly recommended by locals and even though we aren't big surfers, we are so glad we came to this beach first. We arrived around 10a, via our rented ATV. Not super crowded and were able to get a spot under the shaded cabana with hammocks.

Such an expansive, peaceful beach, even though there were plenty of surfers in the water and others lounging in the sun and shade. We made ourselves at home, enjoyed the surf, explored the beach and just chilled in the hammocks.

Food is pretty good, especially for it being a beach restaurant. Good options, can be a bit slower in delivery, depending on the crowd, but enjoyed two days' meals there. No complaints!

DO be warned: I did get stung by a stingray during my time there. I later learned that when the water is colder, there are more rays closer in to shore. I had seen a few but didn't think much of it. Upon walking back to shore, I was stung.

That being said, I want to sincerely thank the staff at Playa Hermosa for taking such good care of me!! They boiled the water, made me feel safe and like it wasn't a big deal (when I was totally freaking out!) and am so grateful for the quick action that took place once my injury had been identified as a stingray encounter. I had no idea what to do and felt like everyone on staff sincerely wanted to help make sure I was okay. I was the only sting of the day, so just be careful and you will have a fun time at

If you're looking to enjoy a beach close by to San Juan Del Sur, make sure you get to Playa Hermosa. It will be a definite highlight of your trip, and I am saying that even after getting stung! :)

Visited February 2014
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good place to chill”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Peeps had fun, service could be a little better, but its a surf beach in Nica so why be uptight.....

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing surf. Also stingrays.”
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

San Juan Del Sur is nice, but if you want to surf or learn to surf, drop everything and go to Playa Hermosa. We were travelling with a group, so we booked a day trip through a local company. Our price included a surf lesson, but this review is about the beach, not the guide or surf school.

The beach is completely untouched, save the lodge which offers free use of their many hammocks and covered gazebos. There is a mediocre restaurant if you want food and drinks as well as the aforementioned surf school.

The surf is best at high tide, so plan your trip with that in mind. The swells range from easy and small little ankle slappers to the occasional 10fter. Perfect for all skill levels.

A note of caution though: the shallow waters are full of sting rays - easily avoidable by shuffling your feet. Maybe don't bring your kids.

2 Thank DrewYYC