“Casual beach side restaurant”
Review of Jugoso - CLOSED

Jugoso
Price range: US$4 - US$15
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch
Description: jugososjs@gmail.com
La Crosse WI
“Casual beach side restaurant”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Right across from the beach on the south side of San Juan del Sur is a nice little place for a quick bite to eat. My grilled veggie sandwich with cheese and hard boiled egg was delicious. My husbands BBQ chicken sandwich with grilled veggies was likewise appealing. There are quite a few veggie options, if one is so inclined. They have good fruit smoothies.

• Visited November 2013

San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua
“A delightful sandwich stop”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The Spanish owners Laura and Pablo are really friendly and warm people. I just let Pablo give me advice on which sandwich to pick. He made me a chicken sandwich with lots of fresh and tasty ingredients. I loved it. Their specialties are also fresh fruit juices, make sure you try some! Have gone back lots of other times!

Visited November 2012
1 Thank chef473
Hartland, Vermont
“Can't Stop Visiting”
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I was just in San Juan for about 5 weeks and I could not stay away! I love all the food that they serve here and the vibe that I get from the staff. Don't let the looks deceive you, this place puts out some Amazing food!!

Visited July 2013
Oakland, California
“Best Paella ever!”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Pablito, from Galicia makes the best paella. He uses Octopus and the rice has a darkish tint. It is excellent. He made one for 24 of us in a huge paella pan!

Visited July 2013
Salem, Oregon
“One of the highlights of our trip to San Juan del Sur”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

As vegans traveling in Nicaragua, it isn't easy to find a good meal, but Jugoso was outstanding! Owners Laura & Paulo are friendly and accommodating, as are the rest of the staff. Laura went out of her way to prepare us a delicious dish of berenjena a la plancha and a tasty pasta dish for my young son. And the fresh smoothie drink (with rum added) was so good, I asked for what was left in the blender! I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Visited July 2013