All reviews yoga teacher training yoga studio private beach paddle boarding big bungalow turtle hatchery local community perfect place to learn granola and fresh fruit el pelicano release baby turtles hour drive from managua horseback riding yoga surf spent weeks here morning yoga class buffet style
Reviewed 30 November 2017

Want to know what it's like to wake up in an eco-lodging paradise every day? Stay here!!

Every morning as you wake in your cozy rustic jungle cabin room, you'll get giddy knowing there's amazing NicA coffee in the main lodge waiting for you- along with fresh prepared breakfast with tons of healthy options. As you sit on the deck taking in the breathtaking views and listening to the waves crash on the beach just a short walk below- you become aware of the awesome power of the natural setting that surrounds you, vibrantly reminding you of the abundance of life. It's a once in a lifetime experience being here.
The staff are fantastic, providing great, healthy meals 3 times a day for a more than reasonable price- taking into account that there’s no shopping, cooking or cleaning required on your part. And while you’re out and about getting a massage, taking a surf lesson, or practicing yoga on the cliffside, your room is being cleaned and tidied. Sit back- relax, it’s all taken care of.
There are tons of activities too, and yes- if you have the urge to go into town, you can easily arrange a ride- but take this for what it is- an opportunity to disconnect form the buzz of the city and to reconnect with what's important. (That said- my phone worked great and they have wi-fi.) Oh yea- there's no AC and it's lovely. No freezing your butt off in over air-conditioned rooms, just gentle ocean breezes and fans available upon request if your ceiling fan isn’t enough.
Listen- this is not the Hilton in Waikiki- this is a different kind of experience, and if your down, it’s lovely.

Tips in order of importance:
1) BUG SPRAY- it's a jungle out there!
2) Ear plugs for sleeping- Did I mention the jungle out there!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank AlesyaC3
Kit R, Manager at Costa Dulce, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2017

ECO-LODGE is what you have highlighted here it's what we are. Gracias.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

My Daughter and I shared La Ranita at Costa Dulce and it was a fabulous 4 days. We will return! This is a natural piece of heaven. Nestled against a hillside up from the most beautiful beach every corner has spectacular views. The accommodations are beautifully natural and comfortable.The food is amazing. The staff are so warm and welcoming. The massage is wonderful. This is a true getaway! It is hard to come back to civilization. Thank you so much Kit, Tyson, Caitlin, and Raph! Best holiday ever!

Stayed: November 2017
Kit R, Manager at Costa Dulce, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

This is the review everyone says they will write and then get home and decide to keep Costa Dulce to themselves ;) So glad you found our little piece of paradise, see you next time!

Reviewed 24 November 2017

I could not imagine a more perfect spot to escape to in Nicaragua. The first words that come to mind every time that I think back to this trip is "ideal place for a wellness retreat." The resort itself is set back within the beach side cliffs, with the rooms facing the pristine coastline. We fell asleep to the sounds of the waves, and woke up to fresh meals prepared on site that were beyond words amazing! Truly, the meals were out of this world. The food is sourced locally and some even grown on site. Combined with the high quality yoga and body work they offer, it was hard to leave at the end of the week.

If you are looking for a Four Seasons get away, with shopping and movie theaters, this resort is not for you. If you are looking for the perfect escape from the mundane everyday grind, where you can do yoga on the palapa, horseback ride in the hillsides, unwind at the beach bar, learn to surf, or just sit with your toes in the sand- you will love Costa Dulce.

Everything was very clean, the staff was friendly and attentive, the activities were planned, I mean it had it all.

Room Tip: Amazing Views
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel B
Kit R, Manager at Costa Dulce, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

So true we are not the four seasons but offer our own kind of 5 star experience. Nature, fresh food, yoga , surf , relax :)

Reviewed 21 November 2017

I just loved Costa Dulce! The best way I can describe it is tranquil. After reading some of the reviews I thought it would be my speed but it exceeded my expectations. I have been a fairly adventurous traveler and it can be hit or miss but Costa Dulce was a hit. I have never been a 5 star traveler so CD was really my speed. It is more of a nice Eco-Resort that is apart of the environment and not separate so an entirely different experience then I have had at other resorts. I have stayed at eco cabins but never eco-resorts so it was a real treat.
The food was some of the best I have had in Latin America. Just really clean and healthy. There is a real Yoga/Surf/Chill/Wellness vibe at Costa Dulce and the food really embraces that. I was a little shocked at the price it being Nicaragua and food is generally cheap. But, after talking to Kit about how their food is sourced and the love they put into it it made sense. It was totally worth it and I didn't have my usual digestive problems the whole time I was there! Amazing for me!
So if you are looking for something special and one of the best vibes I have ever experienced at a resort, stay at Costa Dulce. If you want A/C, 5 star luxury and to be separated from the environment you might not like it. Different strokes for different folks.

P.S. The turtle hatchery is amazing and an added bonus to the resort. I saw a mother lay eggs. Truly amazing!

Room Tip: I stayed at the Congo room which was great. A good view and the crashing waves seem right outside your window
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Kit R, Manager at Costa Dulce, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

It's a different kind of 5 star here. Nature, food, and well being and also a good vibe plays into that. The kitchen staff is stoked we got the food right for you! And a shout out to Tim at Vitalactionproject.org for all turtle work. Donate, Volounteer!!!

Reviewed 20 November 2017

-Friendly and courteous staff
-Beautiful location and infrastructure
-Amazingly delicious and healthy food
-Great atmosphere
-Gorgeous beach
-Super surfing
-Peaceful, tranquil setting in the trees above Playa Escameca

Room Tip: All rooms are good rooms, some have better balcony views.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Can I use that? "tranquil setting in the trees above playa Escameca."
That is it! We are in the trees at the beach.