“Great way to spend the day”

Moke Huhu Nicaragua Surf School & Adventures
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Your one stop shop for all that is surf! We strive to provide the best surfing experience in San Juan del Sur. We will get you up on your first set of waves, take you to the best local beaches, offer private, group and/or family surf lessons, facilitate transport for you to pursue adventures both on land or out at sea, and much more! All of our surf instructors are local Sanjuaneños who have been surfing since their youth and who presently, or have previously, compete on Nicaragua’s national surf team. We are also proud to be a locally owned and operated business.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Wesley was a wonderful instructor. He got both me and my friend up and surfing quickly. We enjoyed it so much we went back for a second day.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I organized a trip to SJDS on a whim for four college friends who had never once surfed before but were interested in trying. As the trip grew nearer, I became a bit I worried because I had never been to SJDS myself and had heard from other surfers returning from the area that the beaches around SJDS were too heavy for beginners. Good thing we found Eduardo and Moke HuHu!

Eduardo and Jorge made sure we all had a fantastic experience. They brought us to a beginner's beach, Playa Remanso, that was perfect for this group, where some people could practice on whitewater and others on gentler (on some days) green waves. They accommodated all of our needs, picked us up from our hotel and drove us to the beach, gave very thorough instruction depending on everyone's aptitude and skill level, and were patient, calm, and helpful with tips on how to improve. Eduardo also helped us practice our Spanish and drove us to visit Volcan Mombacho, Laguna del Apoyo, and later on, Playa Coco, while giving us his thoughts about what the other breaks and beaches in the area were like. Eduardo and Jorge both were easy going, excited to surf, and had a great sense of humor. I highly recommend Eduardo and his team at Moke Huhu both for surf instruction and for guidance around activities and the area.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Eduardo made my first surfing experience in SJDS awesome. He warmly greeted our group, accommodated everyone's needs, got us the perfect equipment depending on our skill level, and was flexible about bringing us to and from the beach. I felt confident getting lessons from a professional boogie boarder who has over 20 years experience surfing. He was patient, knowledgable, and helpful to surfers of all different skill levels in our group. Moke Huhu is definitely a one-stop-shop when it comes to staying in SJDS.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

A big High Five to Eduardo at Moke HuHu!!!!! This guy was awesome and all the staff were great. My wife and I spent 8 days in San Juan and surfed everyday. The only regret was not meeting Eduardo sooner. We went and checked out all the different shops over the first part of our stay, hired personal guides, went to a bunch of different beaches on our own but felt that something was missing. We really wanted to learn about the different areas and experience the world renowned breaks that we read about.
When we walked into Moke HuHu surf shop, Eduardo was stoked to meet us, his english was wicked and genuinely wanted to help us out. All the rental equipment was in great shape, they were organized and the shop had good reliable transportation for getting around. We ended up booking 3 different trips that made us want to come back. On our last day Eduardo Spent the day with us. He took us up north all the way to Popoyo reef break, we surfed for a couple of hrs, caught some beauties and had an amazing lunch. Then checked out a bunch of other breaks as we made our way back down the coast. He was up for anything and made us feel really welcome in his beautiful country!!
Thank's again for the Memories we look forward to seeing you sometime soon.
Cheers to you, Jeremy & Katrina

1  Thank Jeremy G
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Moke Huhu was a great experience. I did a three day surf lesson as well as staying at their hostel. Eduardo was an excellent teacher. It was also a unique experience as we stayed at the beach for six hours surfing, eating, having a few beers and enjoying the scenery. He also took us to three different surf spots.

Great Value for money.