“Can't beat the view”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
View from one of the bedroom patios
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
FaithfulT...
Camarillo, California
“Lovely House Managed Very Poorly”
Reviewed 19 February 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

El Arbol de Limon in San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua is a lovely house with a gorgeous view. It is a pity that it is so poorly managed. Our family stayed there for 3 days. The house was never cleaned properly, toiletries were not provided in the bathrooms; instead we found used bars of soap covered with hairs; half the light bulbs were out in my bedroom; refrigerator had no ice maker; there were no covers on the beds (bedspreads, comforters, blankets), bed sheets had one inch holes; there were dead flies and dead bugs on floors and beds; one toilet leaked water all night and when supposedly fixed dripped water continuously on the floor. The owners should pay more attention to their beautiful house and have it better managed.

Travelling group: Other
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
20 Feb 2015
Paola and family,

I am so sorry that you found the house to be in such a state. We usually just have the beds made up with a top and bottom sheet as it is so hot. As it turns out I am traveling down this coming week and and bringing blankets for the beds. As far as holes in the sheets this is completely unacceptable and I have already spoken to our house manager to remedy the problem. We are a vacation rental not a hotel or bed and breakfast so you are indeed responsible for supplying your own toiletries, as it says on the listing. We have ice trays in the freezer to make ice, I'm sorry we do not have an American style frigde/freezer with a built in ice maker. Bugs are a part of life but you are correct they should not be any on your bed, I will make sure that our housekeeper is informed and a higher standard is kept. As you had my personal email and we have had multiple email conversations I wish you would have taken the time to email me at the first sign of distress so that I might had had the opportunity to fix the problems that you had.

Kait

Luxury-minded travelers
Toronto
Reviewed 2 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Toronto
Reviewed 23 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
23 Feb 2014
Thank you for reviewing El Arbol de Limon.

I am glad you had so many pros on your list but I would like to address the cons/recommendations so that we may better serve future guests.

-I am sorry we do not have a welcome note or book out. I will remedy that right away. Usually, guests arrive during the daytime and Denise is able to go with them to the house to get them all settled in.

-You booked though this website and numerous emails were sent to let you know that you needed to complete the transaction before (or when, as we have wifi) you arrived though the website. Flip Key/ Trip Advisor sent them as well as myself to remind you. I am sorry there was such a huge miscommunication , I have now reworded how I let guests know what will happen when they book because of this. I don't want anyone to feel as if they are not sure of what will happen.

-Yes, the house is located up a hill. We love the location because it is away from it all. I will make sure to let people know that the walk does include it.

-We stock all the bathrooms with a roll of toilet paper but you are responsible for providing any additional that you may need. I spoke with Denise about the water and she said that you went through the entire 5 gallons of drinking water in the first day or two because you were using it for cooking as well because some of the girls you were staying with had never traveled before and were nervous. I assure you that the water is perfectly suitable for cooking, brushing teeth etc. It is not city water, it comes from a well.

-As far as food goes I assumed you knew that you needed to provide your own as it is a rental house not a bed and breakfast or hotel.

-I don't think speaking Spanish is necessary. If everyone only went to places that they spoke the language it would not be much of an adventure!

Again, thank you for letting us know your concerns. It makes a huge difference because now we know what we need to improve on to make future guests as happy and possible.
ohio
Reviewed 6 February 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing