The first thing I noticed upon arrival was the diligent security (which I later learned is there 'round the clock). Next I was greeted and checked in at the beautiful commons center, which includes a fantastic restaurant and bar, both next to the incredible pool. I was shocked at how big the villas are when I was shown to mine and was directed to the master bedroom. Also, I knew it would be relatively nice for Nicaragua, but I think it was more nicely furnished than my own home! The patios both afforded a beautiful view of the town and bay, as does the restaurant and pool area. I set up shop next to the pool with my laptop and was able to make calls home with Skype using the highspeed wireless internet. The service is fantastic and friendly. Bosco is available throughout the day to take you into town and drive you back, free of charge. They staff will also arrange for a taxi after hours or for longer treks and will set you straight about proper cab fare. I could go on and on, but will end with a few words about the restaurant., since I'm something of a foodie.
The food on-site was absolutely delicious. The coffee was, without exaggeration, the best I've ever had. I started every morning enjoying the view while I sipped two cups (no sugar or cream necessary) and about half of my mornings with the juveos rancheros (though I didn't have a single menu item I didn't love). You should also order shrimp tacos (I don't believe they're on the menu, but the chef will make whatever you want). The corn tortillas are locally made and to die for.
Also, try the food at Pelican Eyes in town. Bosco will drive you there. It's much pricier to get a room at Pelican eyes, but they have a great happy hour and very reasonably priced fancier fare ($12 gigantic filet mignon with garlic mashed potatoes and fried onions). In town, there's plenty of nightlife and tons of tourists out for a good time. Things ramp up after 10PM or so.
Villas de Palermo is awesome. I'm absolutely going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palermo Hotel and Resort is located in San Juan del Sur, a city that bridges Costa Rica and Nicaragua on the Pacific Ocean. The hotel features 50 villas, poolside spa, flexible in-room work spaces, full-kitchens and room service, wireless broadband connectivity throughout the property, as well as both large and small, air-conditioned conference and meeting spaces. Villas are for rent by the day, week or month, as well as for sale as vacation homes. Terraza de Palermo Restaurant and Bar offer a dramatic dining experience overlooking the tropical pool and sunsets into the Pacific Ocean. Locally sourced, vegetarian, vegan, healthy and Nicaraguan meal service available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel & Resort Palermo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas De Palermo Hotel San Juan Del Sur
- Villas De Palermo Hotel And Resort