Nice place overall. The villas are more like timeshares than traditional hotel suites/rooms. Each unit is free standing. Unless you get a unit in the front your view from your patio is of the unit in front of you. The only place you can get internet access is in the restaurant/bar/lobby and it shouldn't cost them too much to put wireless access points in each unit so that you can get online from your villa.
Location is a little farther out of town but during the day the little golf cart shuttle is there to take you back and forth and cabs were only $5 US after dark. There is an ocean view from Palermo but it is pretty distant. It would have been nice to have room service also but with the full kitchen at least you can stock cold beverages and food if you so desire.
The villas really need real in-room safes. They provide a locked cabinet but it's less than ideal security for your valuables.
The food in the restaurant at poolside was very tasty and the staff is very nice as well.
We did have to kill two scorpions during our stay so it doesn't look like they keep up on the pesticides around the grounds.
With the size of the units it would be nice to have washer/dryer in each unit. They do provide laundry service but it's not well advertised.
Next time we are in SJDS we are going to try Pelican Eyes - it's actually in town and you can walk back and forth. The pool is much nicer there as is the bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palermo Hotel and Resort is located in San Juan del Sur, a city that bridges Costa Rica and Nicaragua on the Pacific Ocean. The hotel features 50 villas, poolside spa, flexible in-room work spaces, full-kitchens and room service, wireless broadband connectivity throughout the property, as well as both large and small, air-conditioned conference and meeting spaces. Villas are for rent by the day, week or month, as well as for sale as vacation homes. Terraza de Palermo Restaurant and Bar offer a dramatic dining experience overlooking the tropical pool and sunsets into the Pacific Ocean. Locally sourced, vegetarian, vegan, healthy and Nicaraguan meal service available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel & Resort Palermo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villas De Palermo Hotel And Resort
- Villas De Palermo Hotel San Juan Del Sur