“Quaint Hotel”
Review of La Posada Azul

La Posada Azul
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The hotel was great. Home cooked breakfast, helpful staff, and nice rooms. We stayed in room six so we were right off the pool....best located room in the hotel. Thank God they had a/c due to the crazy humidity. My only complaint is the water pressure in the shower. It trickled out. It was so bad some days that we used the pool shower to wash our hair.

Room Tip: Room six, definitely! You are away from the other rooms and off the back of the pool so there is no...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank coppertop667
There are newer reviews for La Posada Azul

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at La Posada Azul for 3 nights. The location couldn't be better for someone looking to get close to the downtown area and near the beach. It's very peaceful. Breakfast was delicious. The pool was really cleaned. Everyone was very friendly. I will definitely be back to stay there on my next trip to San Juan del Sur.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This place is gorgeous. The location is fantastic, being around the corner from the beach and right by all the towns restaurants and bars, but also very quiet. There are lots of areas for sitting and relaxing around the hotel, and the pool area is beautifully done. The place has lots of character, and a colonial charm to it. The rooms were lovely, with lots of space, and beautifully furnished. Comfortable bed, good shower, excellent breakfast, friendly & helpful staff. We swam in the pool a few times, which was a lovely way to cool off or to relax after dinner. We would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I'm from San Jose Costa Rica, so like to get to the ocean sometimes. SJDS is a nice town, not too touristy, have been several times before. Saw Posada Azul on last visit, it looked good so decided to try it. Very pleased with it. It has colonial charm. Great garden, to stay cool and relax, have a swim. Friendly helpful people. Everything worked !!! I will be back.
Bill Stokes

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This place was great! Very clean and well maintained with a very helpful and friendly staff. Close to the beach, restaurants and shops but also very quiet and serene. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We absolutely loved this hotel and I regret not staying longer. It's steps from the beach, restaurants and market, but quiet - and we loved the breezes. Every night we enjoyed the pool, seating areas - it was like our private resort. Breakfasts were delicious and the coffee fantastic. Staff really try to do everything they can to make it a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows that open, not room #1 which is in the vestibule near the entrance.
Reviewed 26 April 2014

As I am a german I like it clean and tidy. As well I am a Designer and that for I have an eye for details. I am married to a nicaraguan so I come to this beautiful country quite regularly. For me Nicaragua is contrasting to germany as for my measures it is noisy, chaotic and everything seems to be improvised and good for the moment.
There are always moments during my stay when all that gets too much for me and my family, when I just need a place where everything is clean and tidy, where everything is made with love to the detail. Where we have tranquility and nice personal taking care.
Always when I get that feeling I go for posada azul and I never got disappointed. My wife and me really love all the interior details and the cosiness it creates. The rooms are always perfectly clean and we never found that ugly animals like cockroaches, scorpions and so on we even found in way more expensive places.
I do not need to mention again the very nice breakfast and the relaxing pool with all the flowers around.
So, after all that place is more to me than just a nice hotel. It is a place where I can recharge and feel save when I get too much of wild and crazy nicaragua.

Stay as you are posada!