“Nice place to stay.”
Review of Hotel Gran Oceano

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Juan del Sur
Hotel Gran Oceano
Ranked #25 of 27 Hotels in San Juan del Sur
Montreal, Canada
“Nice place to stay.”
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights. We enjoyed the swimming pool and the breakfast area. They have 2 parrots and one of them imitates the various cries of a baby. It is so good! The people of the hotel are helpful.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ReneMontreal_Quebec

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 February 2012

The rooms were quite small, especially because we had 3 people in one room. No chairs/couches or anything, and one bigger bed with 2 bunkbeds, so we would usually just sit on the bigger bed to watch TV. The room had air conditioning, which was nice, as in my previous trips to Nicaragua I never had AC.
The hotel had a nice big lobby with free WIFI and lots of chairs to sit and relax.
Very close to the ocean.
Breakfast every morning was a typical Nica breakfast, but still really nice that it was included in the fee.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank tehy
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We were looking for a hotel at the last minute. We checked in on a monday afternoon without having to make any reservations. We stayed in the beginning of February and it was just perfect because the hotel was not crowded. The pool area is just wonderful. there are other hotels for a much more expensive price and their pools are so small and just not worth it. the breakfast is included in the price and so is the wifi. You do have to use the wifi in the lobby or by the pool area because our room upstairs could not read it. The town of San Juan del Sur is just so nice. it is the prefect cheap beach town. There are tons of restaurants outiside the hotel if you are hungry and need to stay on a buget. The rooms are clean, nothing fancy but it is good enough. i mean you will only be at the beach the whole day anyway.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Danjam_2002
Granada Nicaragua
Reviewed 5 February 2012

In a pinch, it will be OK, but lots better for this price or just a bit more. Clean. But small rooms that are in need of a redo. No bar and breakfast which is included is sloooow in coming. Staff is not particularily friendly or not...just there. They do have a nice pool.

Room Tip: They will not tell you the truth about where the room is or size, no no need to ask.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Calgary
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Just checked out of here after a two night stay and I'm not all that impressed. Checking in was ok since I arrived about 13:30 and check in is suppose to be at 14:00 they did not let me check in until then, a courtesy drink or some would have been nice for waiting but whatever. After checking in I did not really speak to anyone from the hotel until brackfast time which they people serving it hesitated to give me since breakfast is from 06:00 to 09:00, I showed up at 08:035 or so, breakfast was not even that good, it actually sucked. After breakfast I went for a quick walk around town and when I get back there was two people from reception waiting for me outside my door to tell me that they had only charged me for one night stay and not two like it was suppose to be " honest mistake maybe" but they could have been a little bit more discreet in my opinion. In regards to the room, well I expected a king size bed since I asked for a room for a couple, pillows were very small, bed honestly very uncomfortable, there was a bar by the pool but never opened, reception staff don't even say hi when u come in. To me the nicest guy w the night door guy, really nice. I don't know but usually when ur in a touristy place the reception stafff suggest places and things to do and they're more friendly. I will have to check out other hotels next time before I stay at Gran Oceano.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these San Juan del Sur hotels

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2011

We had stayed in San Juan del Sur several times and were lured by the beautiful swimming pool that you can see from the street. Unfortunately it's just about the only thing worth mentioning, the rooms are tiny, no fridge, breakfast is basic and about the only time you are likely to see any service is when you book in.

Room Tip: Book into Villa Isabella
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank NickStClair
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I stayed for one night and slept so well! The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in. Powerful air con, nice hot shower with plenty of pressure--terrific! I had a quick evening dip in the pool and enjoyed my breakfast in the morning. The location on a quiet side is appreciated, and it's a short walk to main street and the beach. Overall, a good stay.

Room Tip: For the excellent mattress, ask for room 17.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business