“Comfy and great location”
Review of Hotel Gran Oceano

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Juan del Sur
Hotel Gran Oceano
Ranked #26 of 27 Hotels in San Juan del Sur
Reviewed 3 May 2012 via mobile

We stayed here one night the sunday of semana santa. Everybody was done partying for semana santa so the hotel was pretty empty. The rooms were clean with hot water and great pressure but they could be a little bigger. The place its really nice. Has a big pool and a nice bar area to sit around with wifi. The location is awesome cause your in walking distance from the beach,atm,bars, and restaurants. The guy in the front was very nice and welcoming. They do charge you the nights your going to stay right there and then so when u check out you just have to leave the key. Breakfast is included and its traditional nicaraguan breakfast. Overall I would stay here again. Other places were overpriced and can't even compare.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank idania2m

Reviewed 11 March 2012

We were a Norwegian group of 12 persons, different ages, staying for 12 nights here. Already when we arrived in the middle of the night we felt a friendliness and kindness which lasted the whole stay. The breakfastarea and the poolarea were just wonderful; we could even bring friends here. And the waitresses were so nice and patient with us when we ordered the breakfasts! The rooms with the bathrooms were just as clean as we wanted them to be. The beds were like your bed at home: - just perfect! It was a silent place even the weekend with lots of motorbikers gathered in town! But if you are a person who wants to stay in the room watching TV most of the time, this is definitely not the right place. The rooms are small. But why stay in the room when you are so close to where everything is going on? 40 m away from the beach, the restaurants and bars, and ATM. Our group did not harm anyone and knew how to behave. And that was appreciated by the owners of the hotel who brought everyone in the group a present, and that even before we gave the tips! We have never experienced that in Norway! We recommend the hotel to everybody, and will definitely come back again!

Reviewed 2 March 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights. We enjoyed the swimming pool and the breakfast area. They have 2 parrots and one of them imitates the various cries of a baby. It is so good! The people of the hotel are helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ReneMontreal_Quebec
Reviewed 12 February 2012

The rooms were quite small, especially because we had 3 people in one room. No chairs/couches or anything, and one bigger bed with 2 bunkbeds, so we would usually just sit on the bigger bed to watch TV. The room had air conditioning, which was nice, as in my previous trips to Nicaragua I never had AC.
The hotel had a nice big lobby with free WIFI and lots of chairs to sit and relax.
Very close to the ocean.
Breakfast every morning was a typical Nica breakfast, but still really nice that it was included in the fee.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank tehy
Reviewed 7 February 2012

We were looking for a hotel at the last minute. We checked in on a monday afternoon without having to make any reservations. We stayed in the beginning of February and it was just perfect because the hotel was not crowded. The pool area is just wonderful. there are other hotels for a much more expensive price and their pools are so small and just not worth it. the breakfast is included in the price and so is the wifi. You do have to use the wifi in the lobby or by the pool area because our room upstairs could not read it. The town of San Juan del Sur is just so nice. it is the prefect cheap beach town. There are tons of restaurants outiside the hotel if you are hungry and need to stay on a buget. The rooms are clean, nothing fancy but it is good enough. i mean you will only be at the beach the whole day anyway.

1  Thank Danjam_2002
Reviewed 5 February 2012

In a pinch, it will be OK, but lots better for this price or just a bit more. Clean. But small rooms that are in need of a redo. No bar and breakfast which is included is sloooow in coming. Staff is not particularily friendly or not...just there. They do have a nice pool.

Room Tip: They will not tell you the truth about where the room is or size, no no need to ask.
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Just checked out of here after a two night stay and I'm not all that impressed. Checking in was ok since I arrived about 13:30 and check in is suppose to be at 14:00 they did not let me check in until then, a courtesy drink or some would have been nice for waiting but whatever. After checking in I did not really speak to anyone from the hotel until brackfast time which they people serving it hesitated to give me since breakfast is from 06:00 to 09:00, I showed up at 08:035 or so, breakfast was not even that good, it actually sucked. After breakfast I went for a quick walk around town and when I get back there was two people from reception waiting for me outside my door to tell me that they had only charged me for one night stay and not two like it was suppose to be " honest mistake maybe" but they could have been a little bit more discreet in my opinion. In regards to the room, well I expected a king size bed since I asked for a room for a couple, pillows were very small, bed honestly very uncomfortable, there was a bar by the pool but never opened, reception staff don't even say hi when u come in. To me the nicest guy w the night door guy, really nice. I don't know but usually when ur in a touristy place the reception stafff suggest places and things to do and they're more friendly. I will have to check out other hotels next time before I stay at Gran Oceano.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple