El Jardin Hotel and Restaurant
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Alcazar(San Juan del Sur)
View Hotel
Hotel & Resort Palermo(San Juan del Sur)
View Hotel
Hotel La Dolce Vita(San Juan del Sur)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Casablanca(San Juan del Sur)
  • Breakfast included
La Estacion(San Juan del Sur)
View Hotel
Hotel Estrella(San Juan del Sur)
  • Breakfast included
Barrio Cafe Hotel(San Juan del Sur)
  • Restaurant
Rositas Hotel(San Juan del Sur)
  • Restaurant
Empalme a Las Playas(Playa Marsella)
View Hotel
Mango Rosa Nicaragua(Playa Marsella)
View Hotel
All reviewssan juanrooms were spotlessnice poolbusy townwonderful hostshot showerwatching the sunsetshort driverental carwe loved our stayeach morningan amazing viewstayed here for nightsincluded breakfastcommon areasthe pacific oceanamazing place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We stayed at this hotel two nights in October 2013. The view was SPECTACULAR and we loved having breakfast on the terrace each morning. The breakfast served was superb, with fresh juice, eggs, bacon, toast and fresh jam! The staff was competent, friendly and accommodating. Delphine is a beautiful, sweet woman we enjoyed chatting with. We loved the colors and layout of the hotel and its rooms. It was fun to hike down to the beach and explore the rock formations. The only drawback is the road to the hotel, but it was worth the drive! We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 October 2013 via mobile

El Jardin is a beautiful, family owned hotel. Pros- excellent service, beautiful property, scenic location, safe, quiet, perfect for couples, families, or groups. Cons- no AC in our room, located up a steep road outside of town $7 taxi ride each way.
SJDS is a bohemian party town with a gritty feel. El Jardin is a great location if you want the convenience and price of the beautiful Nica beaches by day, but not the drunken frat party by night. It is best if you have your own vehicle.
It is an easy walk down to an almost private beach, but the return walk up the hill is a bit strenuous. Breakfast included fresh fruit, bread, cheese, eggs, bacon, coffee, and juice.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I just returned from a trip to San Juan with some friends. We stayed at El Jardin and I cannot imagine staying at any other hotel in San Juan. The views are fabulous, the food is AMAZING, and the service was awesome. It was fabulous to be able to go to they city and then escape to the relaxing scenery and pool. I will definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emily S
Reviewed 11 September 2013

El Jardin is a wonderful hotel with fantastic views of the Pacific Ocean. You wake up by the sound of birds sitting and singing just one meter from your window. The hotel is painted in exuberant colors, but the room interiors are of a minimalist beauty. The breakfast was one of the very best we had during our 24-day holiday in Costa Rica and Nicaragua. We did not have dinner in the hotel but the text of the menu alone was mouthwatering. (We had dinner in a beach restaurant in San Juan, enjoying an awesome sunset). We hope we will be able to return some day ....

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I started my month long trip with 5 nights in this hotel. I was looking for a place to relax and take some time out. This hotel was perfect. Not too far from San Juan Del Sur, you can easily spend time in this touristy, surfer town then retreat to your spot in the mountains where you can watch the birds and hear the howler monkeys in the mountains.

I had a room to the back of the hotel with a private terrace. Not that I needed to worry about privacy, there are many shared areas which feel equally private and relaxed. The pool is clean and boasts an enviable view.

Whenever I ate at the hotel the food was first class and very reasonably priced. The steak I ate was, without doubt, the best I have ever had. Bottles of wine were kept in the fridge overnight as needed. Delphine went out of her way to accommodate our every need. If you want a taxi, you get one. Information about local beaches, it's yours and no fuss or bother.

I will return to this hotel again. The location is perfect for a relaxed break within distance of restaurants and bars in the nearby town. The hosting is relaxed and yet attentive. The food is, incredible, unlike any other place I've stayed in Nicaragua. The room was spacious, clean and quiet. This hotel is a triumph!

Room Tip: I had room 10 towards the back of the hotel. It was very private and quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple