All reviews san juan nice pool busy town room was spacious hot shower short drive we loved our stay rental car an amazing view each morning stayed here for nights included breakfast common areas the pacific ocean pollo playa maderas taxi
Reviewed 15 November 2017

Enjoyed my one night stay.
Easy to find from the main road, parking in front.
Vibrant warm colors and welcoming architecture.
Room was nice size, very clean, with nice design and decor.
Food menu is not extensive, but has enough choices including vegetarian.
And the included breakfast was also good.
The sitting areas for dining are nice.

*Not really to do with the hotel, but I did not enjoy the massage. The lady was nice, but honestly not well experienced for the requested deep tissue massage (just no method, not evenly balanced on both sides, too fast, too much on the same spots on neck bones, even after i had to say not to, more than once... Sure, masseuses (and I will not say massage therapist) may have different styles, but this was not really a style, rather random. I ended up sore afterwards. Potential is there but needs much practice.

Room Tip: Room 6 has a balcony with pool and ocean view
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Caroline D, Propriétaire at El Jardin Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Thank you for your review! Glad you enjoyed your stay. I think I answered already on Booking.com. sorry the masseuse didn't do a proper job. It is for sure frustrating to get a massage and feel sore afterwards!

Reviewed 14 August 2017

I loved this hotel!!! The view of the beach is spectacular. Breakfast was the best granola Ive had in a while. We decided to stay here to avoid the bustle from the main San Juan Beach. I was traveling with my elderly parents.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Caroline D, Propriétaire at El Jardin Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Hola, thank you very much for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and your granola!
It is indeed the right place to be if you want to relax with a great view. Have a good day.

Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

I loved my stay here. Sure some things are a bit run down, but the whole damn country is. The view is spectacular, the pool was very clean, the beds comfortable. Most rooms have a patio of sorts. Mine was facing the jungle and couldn't have been more peaceful. Sleeping with the door open was really nice. As was the air-con to cool down @ sunset when the mosquitos are out. I met lovely people traveling from all over the world and the staff... well they're mostly new and super earnest. The cooks are doing a good job and are excited about cooking which means that if something isn't really good... it was still fine, because someone cared about it. I liked being up on the hill. The road is something else-then again, most are. We were driving and had to laugh about all the roads around tow. I had my little dog with me and we were welcomed with open arms by the hotel dog, owners and staff. The hotel dog, pandora is awesome. I couldn't find a decent place for a penny less that didn't get really crappy reviews. And even stayed up at playa Marsella on my drive down-a few dollars less for a glorified hostel in the middle of nowhere. I'll take el jardín any day. I was happy knowing that everything was as clean as it's going to get in a pretty dirty country. If you're traveling Central America on a budget you need to lower all expectations. Or wait for someone to treat you to the 4 seasons....

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Caroline D, Propriétaire at El Jardin Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Hi Joanna,
It was a pleasure ot have you here and we are glad you appreciated your stay. Your review is 100% accurate and I am really glad you realized the challenges we are facing with our staff on a daily basis. You are more than welcome to come back any time.
Have a good day;

Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

Pros: Divine View, Clean but simple rooms, very friendly bilingual staff. Excellent continental breakfast
Cons: about 12 min taxis up an I paved road costs about 8.00 to get to town
Lots of flys (not hotels fault of course)

Spent two nights here and was generally pleased with the stay. The pictures are accurate about what to expect. Nothing fancy but worth the price I paid. The view is gorgeous. The pool is a bit small but kept up nicely. Every staff member was super friendly and helpful. Made you feel at home. No fridge but they offered to keep our Victoria's in thief fridge.
The food was ok, breakfast was the best, dinners were a wierd selection and not overly great but we didn't want to drive into town for dinner every night. This is an ideal place for an affordable respite. Two nights of dinners and drinks ran about 123.00 for two people so not bad at all. That included a full bottle of Rose'

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review. We are in the process of changing our food menu so this might be the reason why the selection seemed wierd since we are transitioning. Glad you had a good stay.
Have a good day.

Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel advertises beds as queen size. They are twin. The whole complex is made out of painted concrete and the shower stall desperately needs a fresh coat of paint. It is covered in black mold and soap scum at the base. They do not provide a hair conditioner or a hair dryer which is essential when it's that humid outside. I wouldn't mind the hotel if it cost half the price that we paid. Also you need to take a taxi to the beach about $8 one way. The road to the hotel is unpaved, luckily it was dry when we were there.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Caroline D, Owner at El Jardin Hotel and Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Good morning,
Thank you for your comments. A few from my side. Our beds are queen size according to US standards: 60X80 inches (153 cm x 203 cm). These are also the standards applied by booking websites. I explained it to you at check in but apparently you didn't believe me.
You spent one night here and paid USD 70/night + tax (1/4 of it going straight to the booking intermediary by the way) for a double room with queen size bed, private terrace, beautiful ocean view, AC and breakfast. If you pay half the price, I cannot make any money considering the AC and electricity price in Nicaragua.
We have hairdryers at the reception. I was here the entire time and you didn't ask. I wish I could have make you happy. Indeed it is really humid since rainy season just started.
It is no mistery that we are 4km from town and that there is a dirt road going up the hill. Yes, it is challenging sometimes but in my opinion totally worth it. With respect to the bathroom, we redo some of them every year and I guess yours should be on the list for 2017. As you mentioned, the whole hotel is concrete so it is not only a matter of changing the sink.
I understand it was not the best day ever for you with all your problems at border crossing. I could feel it at check in and I am sorry you were disappointed. Since you only had 2 days in Nicaragua. I hope the end of your trip was nice and worth it.
Have a good day.