“A little bit of paradise”
Review of Casa Del Soul

Casa Del Soul
Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

The view seals the deal, it makes the place so peaceful and serene. While this place is far from town it offers the luxury of a peaceful getaway with great areas to lounge poolside and cozy rooms. Randy was a great host and helped us out with getting our surf lessons to free rides into town. All in all this place is a gem with a great free breakfast. If you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of town stay here!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 November 2013

We were warmly welcomed by Randy at Casa Del Soul. We opted to stay here on the final leg of our trip, and it was an excellent choice. Randy made it feel as though we were staying at family's house. We had our own secluded room and bathroom with the option of A/C which we did not even need to use considering the large windows and his space on top of the mountain. There is a fantastic view with a nice pool, and we always felt safe due to his sweet dog with an intimidating bark for whoever walked by the property. We had our own open-aired kitchen so we were not obligated to go to town for every meal, although the trip to town was extremely easy considering he provided reliable English speaking taxi drivers and allowed us to use a local cell phone. Randy has lived in Nicaragua long enough to give great recommendations for everything and he is extremely accommodating.

If and when we return to Nicaragua, we will stay at Casa Del Soul for the entirety of the trip. Highly recommended for a relaxing getaway with the comfort of English speaking owners and American amenities.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have one of the best stay i could expect at Casa Del Soul.The location and the view is amazing.Our host Randy was a great help on anything about San Juan.He recommend us a great place to rent dirt bike for cheap so we can explore the country .Casa del Soul is at 5 min from town but its amazing how this place is quit and we can even hear a bees flying.The Casa is impeccable and and the breakfast are tasty.I will recommend to anyone to go and enjoy Casa Del Soul and i will also come back at 100% on my nest trip to Nicaragua.
Thanks Randy and all the staff of Casa Del Soul!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Ok here is the thing. Yes, this place has an AMAZING view and is great to just chill-out by the poolside. We were able to hear/see howler monkeys and wake up to a view that cant be beat. Other than that though, Im not sure the draw. I would say that the rooms were nothing special and we even had bugs + a lizard one night (there was a big tear in the screen). Also, we were under the impression that we would have our own balcony, but upon arrival we were sharing a small balcony with an older Russian couple (made for a bit of awkwardness and eventually to us not using it at all). There was no chance of a sleep in past 7 am as Randy leaves (opening large gate and firing up truck) to get the staff from town, which becomes quite noisy as it is directly outside the window.

The breakfasts were good, nothing super great. Randy is accommodating in that he provides cell phones, but he seemed kind of checked out. When we were there, there was a new couple taking over so that could maybe be why? Seemed to be under a bit of transition.

We personally found the location to be a bit of a problem. As much as they say it's close by, its really kind of a bother every-time you want to go into town. The cab rides add up and it becomes a bit awkward because you feel like you have to tell your mom and dad (owners) when you are going and where (since they want to provide the ride + gain income from you vs. calling a cab). I think it was $7 each way.

Another note: We are dog lovers so it was fine that they had a large dog, but if you arent, I wouldnt stay here. The dog is always around and even nipped at me one night. Again, I dont count this against them/anyone as I am a dog lover and realize that I was petting the dog from behind and it was not smart on my part. But, just be aware!

In summary, if you need a place to stay it certainly would do the trick, but definitely has flaws.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Randyman54, Owner at Casa Del Soul, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

This review is from last December and at this time,I had to go to back to the US because someone in my family had cancer.There was a couple who owns small percentage of "Casa Del Soul" and they came to help us when we left. So this was a "transition" time. But this was almost a year ago. I do supply every guests with a cell phone so they can come and go as they please very easy. The main draw for staying here is the amazing view and how quiet and private it is. Town is very loud and noisy to stay in,so the trade off is a taxi ride or a walk to town.I always give all my guests a lot of "space" and when they ask me for suggestions about what to do and where to go,I help them do that. The 2 rooms on the 2nd floor share a very big balcony.There are 4 chairs,2 hammocks and a table on this balcony..With a huge deck around the pool with 4 tables and chairs and a 300 sq Ft Shaded Palapa with more hammocks and a double chaise lounge with another table and 4 rocking chairs,there is plenty of "hanging out" areas all over the property. The "lizard" is a "gecko" which are all over Central America and if I ever have rip in a screen,I change it as soon as I find out about it. I am sorry this guest had a few issues last year,but that was a "transition" couple of weeks..Everything is back to normal as it has been all 2013..Thanks, Randy

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Beautiful, peaceful, quiet and feels like home after you get settled in, it's the only place I would ever choose to stay while in this area of Nicaragua. Everything you'd need and want in a base of operations for your Nicaraguan vacation/adventure/surf trip or whatever. Randy's a dynamite host!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank scott m
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Love this place!!! Randy is a great host. The rooms are nice and comfy. Great secluded area. Can't say anything bad about anything. Great pool. Water was perfect. Million dollar view and great service!! Breakfast rocked! I will be back!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 October 2013

I like to start by saying I plan to retire in Nicargua after my experience, the view is AMAZing. My wife and I stayed at this lovely place for 4 days and it was excatly what I was looking for, peace and quiet. Randy (the owner) was awesome! He went out of his way to help us and guide us when we were lost, but left us to our own vices. One thing you should know there weren't any air conditioners, but the breeze was so nice you really didn't need AC, there plenty of fans, and when all fells we just jumped in the pool. There was a "guard dog" name chucho, funny thing is my wife is scared of dogs but by day two my wife got use to him basking in the sun with us, and she got over it. The walk down the beach was like something out of a movie we had some great videos of the walk, but if your the type of person that doen't enjoy nature and if you bothered by mosquitos, stay in the house. Chucho the "gaurd dog" turn into our tour guide and protector at we took are walk down the steep hill. Over all one of the best trips I have ever had and I have been to a lot of places.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple